What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Adam, I've never owned a Rockstead or less even handled one in person, but they do scream SHARP just from pictures I've ogled at. Another one just based on my intuition and nothing else would be Shirogorov. I really do not wish to develop a penchant and taste for $750 - $1000+ folders! CoiledWire most likely owns a few of each so he can attest and compare with CPKs.

As for the various CPK patterns, you're always welcome to visit us down South to try them out for yourself but if time, Family and Business commitments handicap you, then must take my word for it! Nathan is a master when it come to apexing his edge angles almost to like a single line of metal molecules!!! Of course in pure scientific terms I'm embellishing but if you grade on a curve, it becomes a reality! I remember him stating once in a PM that he uses an Arkansas Stone set up for the final honing IIRC, which is something I would luv to see!

I still think a Racing Field Knife would be cool.
The same look and size but with thinner stock.
Less weight, more slicey-slicey.

-Edited to add that I'm not bitching about the current Field Knife because it's the best knife I've used.

Last edited:
More scalloped kitchen knives in AEB-L. And I want to pull out a CPK steak knife at a restaurant some day. Spread mayo/mustard/peanut butter with a thin, but wide and somewhat flexible CPK blade!

I approve this message.

Just received my light chopper. Very impressed with the design, quality control of the knife. If CPK were to make another big knife, I suggest something like the Cold Steel Barong - lightweight 18" blade. The CS product is inexpensive, but the quality of the CPK light chopper makes me think a CPK Barong would be a premium product for the outdoors use and for the martial arts crowd. I would be willing to buy a pair. Ray

I'd love a skinner with a 2.75 - 3in blade with a deep belly and a fat three finger type of handle, but a finger notch up under the blade to make it easy to shift the weight back.

This...

09011000271knife.jpg

Double edge Utility Fighter please! BC, and of course the Shiv!!
pulp-fiction-john-travolta-oh-hell-yes.jpg

Last edited:
Id love a 7-8 inch kukri in d3v with a nice belly and a 2 position handle. It would be an absolute beast in the woods.

A knife along the lines of Field Knife should be a constant offering after all the form factor, size and blade length of such a knife makes it the most utilitarian and the most useful for most of the folks out there. The fact that such a knife is currently missing is an oversight IMHO that should be dealt with by introducing an improved version of the Field Knife ASAP

Flatware. As in forks and spoons. Chopsticks and sporks.

This might be offside and if it is, I will remove it.

BRT makes a cool little spoon I have a couple of, not like clean silverware type but more like rugged hand forged and heat anodized titanium type. It's a nifty little thing to use in your tea/coffee in the am.

This might be offside and if it is, I will remove it.

BRT makes a cool little spoon I have a couple of, not like clean silverware type but more like rugged hand forged and heat anodized titanium type. It's a nifty little thing to use in your tea/coffee in the am.

Just checked it out. Pretty steep for a coffee stirrer but really cool nonetheless, I prefer my FK for that role myself.

Flatware. As in forks and spoons. Chopsticks and sporks.

LOL! I agree.. I'd like to see a racing spoon.. something really high performance in a wear resistant steel for high speed gorging. I've had problems with spoons getting too hot and losing shape..

LOL! I agree.. I'd like to see a racing spoon.. something really high performance in a wear resistant steel for high speed gorging. I've had problems with spoons getting too hot and losing shape..

In some HS steel for all your melon-balling needs. :thumbsup:

All kidding aside.. If I had a Carothers spoon, no one but me would touch it. I would have a lifetime of explaining the significance of the spoon. I can only imagine the people I will meet when trying to describe my high performance spoon. I'm in. I want a spoon.

All kidding aside.. If I had a Carothers spoon, no one but me would touch it. I would have a lifetime of explaining the significance of the spoon. I can only imagine the people I will meet when trying to describe my high performance spoon. I'm in. I want a spoon.

And this path lead several of us to the BRT spoon. Not even kidding.

Back