What Leather are you Totin Today .

Ken, another pair of the roughout spur straps sold:

QvIuUL9.jpg

On his spurs, And on his boots:

VbudOGP.jpg

Rough out rules :thumbup:

Ken

Decided to dust off this thing and give it a run today .

Ken

Last edited:
Nice Ken, that's a stack of leather right there! and love the burnishing of the edges, I remember you were checking on how Mike Tea did his amazing Sebbie sheaths, that's a real tribute to him I'd say!
G2

Thanks Gary ,
I made this as an experiment more than a user sheath , I wanted to know if stitching that depth of leather was possible , and to try making a pouch type sheath without wet forming . I did wear it quite a bit in social settings , but never at work .
After wearing this yesterday and today , I must say its not a work sheath , but it does attract a lot of attention from people .
Yes , Mike Tea is still the master of the " burnish " in my eyes .
The closest I ever got to being happy with a burnished edge was on a Leatherman sheath I made .
You have just reminded me of that one , and I think I'll dig that one out and use it next week .
I'm really enjoying revisiting my previous work and using them again . I didn't realise I have kept so many , most of my work I've given away .
Most of the ones I'm showing were worn when they were new and the flavour of the month , but then they got put away when a new one came on the scene .

Ken

alright, here is my entry into the rough out challenge ;)
rather satisfied with it, only issue is that the rivets aren't properly aligned... should have marked all of them out first instead of doing the pairs individually.
the stitching was really timeconsuming, propably took me at least as long as every else combined.

@vilePossum; You have put some work into stitching that together - nice:thumbup:
This is a - going to town - pocket carry set-up for the versatile Vic 'Cadet'

Florian that was a lot of hand stitching. I think a guy could live with that slight amount of mis alingnment on the rivets. I do like the use of the roughout as a contrasting piece, very nice. Really like the use of the contrasting colored thread. What is it? A holster for your coffee cup?

Brumby that is a nice deal too. Really like the grain on that leather. Sets it off nice.

vilePossum: I like it. I've wanted to do a bottle carrier for a while now but just haven't gotten around to it - and the layout keeps changing...

Terence

Thanks for your kind words.
Yes it is a bottle holder for hanging on the belt. Some archery guys like it. I mostly use a simple para cord loop.
Actually between the post his morning and tonight I already sold this by chance.

alright, here is my entry into the rough out challenge ;)
rather satisfied with it, only issue is that the rivets aren't properly aligned... should have marked all of them out first instead of doing the pairs individually.
the stitching was really timeconsuming, propably took me at least as long as every else combined.

Wow , I take my hat off to you for that one .
That definitely qualifies for the Rough Out challenge .
Love it :thumbup:

Ken

@vilePossum; You have put some work into stitching that together - nice:thumbup:
This is a - going to town - pocket carry set-up for the versatile Vic 'Cadet'

That is a great picture on so many levels .
Love the Sheath , love the flashlight , love the Anvil , love the knife .

Ken

Here is what I'm totin today .

Gary you reminded me about Mike Tea's burnishing , which reminded me about my Leatherman Wave sheath .
So I dug it out of the drawer as well as my William's hobble belt and I'm set to go .
The integrated belt sheath is housing my Boker Urban Trapper .

I even gave the worn edge a polish up just for the occasion , at the time when I made it I was trying to achieve a Mike Tea effect with color and burnish , but I didn't even come close .

Ken

Le Compact by Chambriard in a small sheath that fits just so;

Le_Compact_sheath.jpg~original

Juniper wood smell is great too ;)

G2

Gotta love burnished stacks. I actually refinished this edge since this pic was taken, and it is smooooth now.

wcb9jk.jpg

Was late on my promise of a rough out piece(had to finish the knife first!), but here you go Ken. Just finished this one this morning! Bonus* I used a piece of ironwood Dave sent me a couple months ago.
FJbaEmK.jpg

As punishment for getting this finished late I already have another rough out project in the works! ;)
Chris

My first belt, and a pocket pouch for my opinel #8. This is the first of my work that im proud enough to share. Everyone here has been an inspiration :)

Travis

Last edited:
Hey!!! Good On Ya Travis... they are great first up efforts. Wear them with pride.... but ... and it's a big BUT be warned this leather work is very addictive.:)
Thanks for sharing.

Derek

Back