What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Os49o1r.jpg

Jigged bone Barlows are almost a separate breed! Nice group, John!
Good comparison of the I*XLs. Maybe from different eras?

IMG_6094.JPG IMG_6095.JPG IMG_6096.JPGHave been offline for a while. Trying to get used to new BF platform. Hopefully these images will load properly. This knife took a long time to find. The pictures don't really do it justice. But it sure is one hell of a traditional barlow IMHO. Best regards to all. MJ.

Okay, maybe not traditional in the purist sense but no barlow collection seems complete without one so I picked up this one. It's actually well made, excellent fit and function and quite sharp. Looks like it has never been carried. Nice little knife.

689406b0ddf873ef5012dd72733dc27b_zpsbz2vg9py.jpg
Squirrel!
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Nice score, MJ71! The first TC Barlow!:)
Great Froggy pics, Fred! You indeed have a special collection!:thumbsup:
Nice Scrim, Atiger! I'd love to see the complete collection of those some day!

Bill tweaked me for my "Mr. Natural handle materials only" dictum for my TCs.:eek:
Pretty funny; he even made a special label for the few knives he made with that Dead Skunk acrylic;

Skunk Label 1.jpg

Nice score, MJ71! The first TC Barlow!:)
Great Froggy pics, Fred! You indeed have a special collection!:thumbsup:
Nice Scrim, Atiger! I'd love to see the complete collection of those some day!

Bill tweaked me for my "Mr. Natural handle materials only" dictum for my TCs.:eek:
Pretty funny; he even made a special label for the few knives he made with that Dead Skunk acrylic;

View attachment 710677
I absolutely 100% admire your commitment to traditional handles / materials Charlie. But that dead skunk acrylic is just so neat! And the tube art is great as well!! If another run of these should ever "slip" through the manufacturing process, I reckon you'd have a few takers. We'd just have to start a new thread called "What makes a good NON traditional barlow?" and devote it to such rare treasures.

Back