What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

I carried the Case Red Bone ( bottom of photo ) on my Wedding day - real special Knife- came from the same time as myself- and gifted to me by a good friend- special as they get- I have since acquired a couple more of these beautiful knives- one pictured with my favourite Case Red Bone

Duncan, you're off the hook buddy. :cool: Beautiful shots of a beautiful collection my friend.
On a side note, I've tried calling you several times. Unsuccessfully. :(

The pen blade and nail nick position has changed over the years on Case Barlows, the early ones like yours have the pen in front and nicks on the same side, later have the pen in back with the nick on opposite side, they have also moved the position of the nail nick on the main blade over the years
I wonder which set up is easiest to open? It would make sense that the further forward the nail nick is placed, the greater the leverage there would be.

Thank you guys. There's more lol - I will post 'me this weekend.
Bob my friend - I'm going to try and get in touch this weekend - using that Ivory TC?
Yes - I keep most of my collection Mint- trying to break down my mental barrier and carry some with care lately.
When I use a TC it's either because I have two - one for carry and one for keepsake.

I picked this up a while ago...

I posted this a while ago, but seeing as the guys have been posting their lovely Case Red Bones, heres a very nice Spear, qenuine Red Bone but with a lot more of a Orange tint.....

Picked up this very old Grandaddy Barlow- if memeory serves me correct, Henry Sears...

Lovely Old Bone, the Walk and Talk are still extremely good!...

z3OxiiT.jpg

Evans Treasure that I am so glad and proud to own!
fdr0hdt.jpg

Charlies tribute Knives to Stu, including the Rendezvous Knife ( 1 of 30 ) actually serilaised as #31- I think if this was correct- this knife was displayed at the Rendezvous!
KE5wz3a.jpg

It's hard to pick a favourit- but if I would out of these magnificent TC's- it would be the Stunning Jigged Bone version New Day- that is SUCH a nice Knife!
pxjjlv7.jpg

Good choice, Rachel! I would have chosen all three!!:D

Really nice pictures of a great collection, Duncan! I agree, a New Day is in the top ten!!

Back