What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

That saw cut bone is fitting for a barlow, rugged look for a rugged knife. Great pics of a great group of old barlows!

Wonderful sawcuts John, because of you showing your great Queen Drake Wells with beautiful sawcut covers one will be arriving this week, just look at the influence you wield:D:thumbsup:

Thank you Paul, Duncan, Charlie, Rockman, love these old Barlows! Charlie you should be pretty proud that you have influenced a whole new generation of collectors that really appreciate the Barlow pattern.

Of course the negative is that we may be more competition to you picking up the nice ones.:D

Paul, I was wondering who picked that one up, glad you got it, looks like a nice one!:thumbsup:

Can't wait to get together with you guys and talk knives, really looking forward to it!

Great Russell, John!! Not very worn, and nice reddish handles - old Russells don't get much better!!!

What a RUSSELL John:cool: what great condition as well:thumbsup:

Due to your influence, this Drake Well Queen Barlow arrived today. I have to say I am honestly impressed. I've had some Queen knives with good f&f before but nothing as good as this Barlow.

It actually came very sharp, both blades:thumbsup: blades centered in the well, no play at all, gorgeous saw cut bone. Very very pleased with this one:)

dJSskU.jpg

Thank you Charlie, Lloyd, Paul, plenty of Russell's out there but so hard to find with any degree of condition, most have been used very hard and are well worn.

Paul, love those Queens,glad you got one, the ones I have found are pretty well made but one thing for sure is they have some of the prettiest bone ever put on a knife, the shades of browns, tans and whites are so appealing.

IMG_6685.jpg

Augie- that Russell is a reeeeal nice Knife. The Handles are just fantastic.

Paul. Thats a real nice Queen matey - well done!

Back