What pistol do you carry?

krazichinaman

pew.....IMPACT!.........**PING**
What pistol you carry? I'm interested to see what my fellow knife nuts carry to accompany their sharp pointy objects.

Lets keep it as a simple format

Brand:
Model:
Caliber:
Accessories:

I'll start.

Brand: Springfield Armory
Model: XD Service (4" in Dark Earth)
Caliber: .45 ACP (230 grain Speer Gold Dots)
Accessories: XS Big Dot sites, Crimson Trace Laser Grips, Surefire X300

When I travel/visit my states, I carry:
Model: XD Subcompact (3" in Olive Drab)
Caliber: 9mm (124 grain +P Speer Gold Dots)
Accessories: XS Big Dot sites, Crimson Trace Laser Grips

When I am around town, its easy for me to conceal a service pistol. I usually always have some sort of cover garment on but then again its WA and it rains here a lot. When I travel, its usually to the South, so the subcompact is much easier to conceal under dress shirts etc.

Shorts;
Brand: Ruger
Caliber: .380
Model: LCP

Pants;
Brand: Kahr
Caliber: 9mm
Model: PM9

Jacket;
Brand: Colt
Caliber: .45acp
Model: New Agent

Springfield Armory
XDM 3.8 bitone
9mm 124g gold dot
Trijicon front/rear

I love springfields, +1 to you..
I'm waiting for the XDS to be released so I have something that's easier to conceal with summer clothes

The SDS is nice, but I just like the idea of more rounds. I can't wait to shoot one though!

Here in the 'Stan, as an officer finally, I carry an M9.

In VA, I most often carried a 1911 Commander in 9x19mm.
When I went to Gunsite last year, I had the old Colt sights replaced with more visible modern sights and a tritium front sight. I also replaced the wooden grips with Alumagrips and had the safety switched out to a lower one. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since the mods- we'll see how I like it once I get back.

John

Here in the 'Stan, as an officer finally, I carry an M9.

In VA, I most often carried a 1911 Commander in 9x19mm.
When I went to Gunsite last year, I had the old Colt sights replaced with more visible modern sights and a tritium front sight. I also replaced the wooden grips with Alumagrips and had the safety switched out to a lower one. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since the mods- we'll see how I like it once I get back.

John

Gunsite is an awesome place and they have even better people! I've only had the chance to visit their proshop a few times, but I will one day take a class there...pistol 250 here I come (eventually...) !!!!

Duty:

Glock G22 (Gen 3) with factory night sights and Streamlight TLR 1 in Safariland SLS duty holster backed up by 2 standard magazines on belt of Speer 155 Gold Dots, all mags loaded "one down". Also 2 factory 22 round mags in car seat organizer...

Off duty:

Glock G26 with Tru-Glo TFOs in Blackhawk SERPA, backed up with 1 spare magazine of Speer 124 Gold Dots, with two more magazines in "War Bag" usually carried in car. All G26 mags have Pearce Grip Extensions on them...

Model: XD Tactical (5")
Caliber:.45acp
Accessories: Streamlight TLR-1

After I get a S&W M&P Pro 9, I'll probably get something smaller and easier to carry like a Kahr CW9.

Springfield Professional.
Usually in a Safariland holster, but in a C.HICK holster (special ordered from our previous repwhen I need more concealment, or one of your IWB holsters.
Alternate is a P7 PSP, again using one of your holsters.
Working for one of your local dealers is a nice thing.

Although I have several handguns, my carry rotation is:

Springfield XD9 Subcompact
CZ P-01
One of my 1911's when I can or need to carry that much aptitude
Keltec P3AT for summer shorts, with a clip attached for pocket carry

I always carry IWB at about 3:30 to 4:30 depending on the handgun and length - I even carry the Keltec IWB when I'm wearing jeans instead of shorts.

I rotate these, but carry the CZ, and HK most often.

CZ-75D PCR, 9MM
HK P7 PSP, 9MM
Beretta M85FS, .380

Brand: Kahr
Model: PM9
Accessories: hot and spicy ammo

This is always pocket carried. How about a minimalist Blade-tech kydex pocket holster series? :)

Sometimes I carry a Ruger LCP .380, S&W 442 .38, or on rare occasions a Ruger SP-101 2.5" (?) barrel 357 magnum. Always in my right front pocket.

123.jpg

Kahr PM9.

IMG00103-20101017-1417.jpg

Ruger LCP.

EDC.jpg

Ruger SP-101.

Work gun is a Glock 17, 9mm w/TLR-1 and Tru-glo TFO sights.
Off duty I cary a Glock 26 with Tru-glo TFO sights.

Model: XD Subcompact 3"
Caliber:9mm
Accessories: Galco King Tuck holster, 124grain Hydra-Shoks, xtra mag..

Been feeling like this setup is a bit heavy lately. My girlfriend recently got her first gun. A Keltec pf9, and I have to say I'm jealous.. it would be a nice little carry piece.

I usually carry off-body in a bag, so I'm pretty free with what I can carry. These days I almost always carry a SIG of some flavor.

Brand: SIG Sauer
Model: P229 Scorpion
Caliber:.40 S&W
Accessories: spare mags

Model: P220 Dark Elite
Caliber: .45 ACP
Accessories: spare mags

Model: P226 E2
Accessories: VZ Kraken grips, spare mags

Summer/Light Weather Carry:
Smith and Wesson BodyGuard .380
Desantis Sof-Tuk

Rest of the year/work
Glock 19 or 26
BlackHawk Serpa

Something in a Blade-Tech holster... :D

Nano1.jpg

Looking forward to getting the Nano I ordered for my ParaOrd Warthog last week...

Smith&Wesson M&P45 Compact.

I'm always hearing that a .380 in the pocket is better than the .45 you left at home, so I just make sure I don't leave mine at home.

Back