What SAK are ya totin' today?

Ken your leather work is the finest I've ever seen anywhere. Seriously it's absolutely amazing - from the designs to the fit and finish. You're a Grand Master let me assure you. :thumbup:

Silver Pioneer today!

IMHO the Pioneer has got to be THE best bang for it's size (love how slim it is!!) and the tools it has.
DCE7FF32-3875-4FFE-ADA1-7DEA1A6E69EF_zps4wkcv3hc.jpg

Same here with me. Now in my case that's all I have are a Farmer and Pioneer, lol but I know what you mean. They're both neck n neck in their near perfection as a do-it-all pocket knife/tool.

Been doing some work around the house, so the old Wenger SI has bumped the stockman for the past few days. Every time I carry it, it brings home the thought that if I were not a knife knut, an alox SAK would be all the pocket knife someone needs.

14504302427_3253769170_z.jpg

Been doing some work around the house, so the old Wenger SI has bumped the stockman for the past few days. Every time I carry it, it brings home the thought that if I were not a knife knut, an alox SAK would be all the pocket knife someone needs.

I'm new on the Alox scene, all my previous SAK's in years past were the red cellidor and I loved them. I wasn't a knut then, just that was "my knife" and it got carried and used every day. Mostly they were the little red Classic. I had two or three of them over the years and would replace it when it was lost with another. I did have a larger one for awhile that had pliers on it and a corkscrew I think, but don't recall the model.

In the early 90's I was gifted a SpyderCo and ended up carrying that for years. I guess that's just what everyone was carrying. Again it was "my knife" and it was all I had.

I've had a standard Leatherman Tool on my belt every day for the last 20 yrs and that was always with me no matter what. About a year and a half ago when I stumbled into this traditional forum is what the Addiction began... One GEC after another in that endless quest for The ONE :)

Now the Alox SAK has become a fascination with me also since I was graciously gifted my orange Farmer by jone about a month or so ago. It was an instant fascination! The quality of SAK is outstanding and they're so well designed.

The alox soldier was the knife i carried for a few years, and it did everything i asked from it, and more. Loved that little knife, and still do.
It was a 2003 model, now i have a 2008 that i carry from time to time. That one i gifted to someone else.
To me, it is the quintessential edc knife. But like Carl said, being a knife nut changes a few things..

So i'm not alone in this i see, arizonaranchman and whetstone39, the farmer does fight with the soldier aka pioneer. At least it don't matter which one wins, as they are both great edc knives.

Yep it's a difficult choice as I love them both. Working outdoors it's no contest - the Farmer gets the nod. Routine nothing in particular or routine type of activities the Pioneer (or Soldier) are ideal IMHO - very slim and pack some great tools.

So i'm not alone in this i see, arizonaranchman and whetstone39, the farmer does fight with the soldier aka pioneer. At least it don't matter which one wins, as they are both great edc knives.

I alternate between the two as well usually paired with a cellidor SAK. Today it's an OC Pioneer (in a kydex necker) with a old Marly Trail Guide. Pix later as I am contemplating getting all the ALOX out again and shooting it. :eek:

I alternate between the two as well usually paired with a cellidor SAK. Today it's an OC Pioneer (in a kydex necker) with a old Marly Trail Guide. Pix later as I am contemplating getting all the ALOX out again and shooting it. :eek:

The alox battle :D
Always nice to shoot some Alox outside.

Back