What SOG are you carrying/using today?

Love me some sog ! I Cary a sog instinct. A great edc knife. And a instinct mini for a neck knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying out SOG after around 7 years of knife enthusiasm. I have a SOG Kiku small in my pocket today. Pretty interesting knife, very different than anything else in my collection.

But, I'm very much enjoying the micarta scales, the deep carry clip (came WAY too tight though, had to bend it back to loosen the tension), and the blade grind is crisp and perfect.

Trying out SOG after around 7 years of knife enthusiasm. I have a SOG Kiku small in my pocket today. Pretty interesting knife, very different than anything else in my collection.

But, I'm very much enjoying the micarta scales, the deep carry clip (came WAY too tight though, had to bend it back to loosen the tension), and the blade grind is crisp and perfect.

There are somethings I just couldn't get past on that knife, mostly price. That said, I would love to see more micarta on folders. Pictures?

AVKrGXnh.jpg

v73hXWAh.jpg

I carry a SOG Magnadot and put it through hell. I use it to cut everything from boxes to bait. It spends a good bit of time in saltwater and is still like new. I've had it for a few years and it will last several more!

You'd be hard pressed to find a better knife for the price ($30).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I carry a SOG Magnadot and put it through hell. I use it to cut everything from boxes to bait. It spends a good bit of time in saltwater and is still like new. I've had it for a few years and it will last several more!

You'd be hard pressed to find a better knife for the price ($30).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is that the Chinese or Seki version?

I've been pocket carrying my Seal Pup Elite in RFP everyday for over a week now just to see if I could do it. It's no more obtrusive in the factory taco kydex than the heavier folders I routinely carry. Also heated and molded the retention part of the sheath so it holds better as well, much better now.

So, it seems there's not a lot of love for SOG on the Forum. I just happen to love the guy in the middle, though. SOG Zoom Mini is my most carried front-pocket edc.

c591d44a978bbc4bd70961f3717b7da2.jpg

The low-ride pocket clip is great. Size and weight are great. Ergos, contour, and thickness are great. I can slide my hand by it easily and get to the rest of my pocket. The AUS-8 stays super sharp with 60 seconds on the SharpMaker every week or two. Oh, and I'm not afraid to use it. It opens with an authoritative "whack!"

371b25d510192cf816a544850732736b.jpg

The recurve looks cool, but makes it harder to strop and sharpen on anything except the SharpMaker. I've got just a bit of blade play too. Otherwise, nothing but praise for this knife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It shouldn't be that much different unless the request a different heat treat. I believe they come from the same place.

i would agree they shouldnt, they came from the same plant if im not mistaken. it may be grind difference, the spydercos are ground at a much more acute angle than the sogs and slice better. the sogs tend to cut longer between touch up for me. that said i prefer to carry the spydies much more often...

Back