What Survive Knives Are You Waiting For?

You have the same addictions as me, plus working dogs. Those three usually keep me in the dog house :D

Hey, do I need to join the facebook group to see those? I don't have a facebook account so I had my wife try to join, her user name is
Nice, working dogs are cool. We have a Golden and a GSD mix, but they haven't worked a day in their lives..lol

Have your wife look up Survive! (GSO)SK Knives fan page. She'll have to request to join the group. Sorry, I'd post the pics here but my photobucket doesn't work anymore

Last edited:
You have the same addictions as me, plus working dogs. Those three usually keep me in the dog house :D
If you want to get in on Facebook for other reasons than just to see this pic than go for it. If you're going through the steps for one pic, here it is.

S supertac916 let me know if it's not ok that I post your pic. What a pic it is!

Last edited:
Silver to the rescue!! Thanks Matt, I appreciate that. :)

Man supertac that is a great lineup! What a nice mix of old school and new gen :cool: THANK YOU for the picture, I know it's not easy to gather up all that steel, but that is way cool.

Silver to the rescue!! Thanks Matt, I appreciate that. :)

Man supertac that is a great lineup! What a nice mix of old school and new gen :cool: THANK YOU for the picture, I know it's not easy to gather up all that steel, but that is way cool.

Anytime, it's been awhile since I had all of them out. I usually just stick with my favorites. The new spec 4.1 and 5.1, along with the 2.7 I picked up recently. Finally gave my 8 and 10 year old their 3.5s over the last few weekends on some outings in the Tahoe National forest. Trying to get my kids outdoors.

.....I usually just stick with my favorites. The new spec 4.1 and 5.1, along with the 2.7 I picked up recently....

I almost asked if you had a favorite, thanks for adding that. My two favorites are my 4.7 and my old 3.5. They fit me just right. Oh, and the 10, which I like more than I expected to. I'll bet the boys are going to love theirs :thumbsup:

And thank you both for the edit!

I almost asked if you had a favorite, thanks for adding that. My two favorites are my 4.7 and my old 3.5. They fit me just right. Oh, and the 10, which I like more than I expected to. I'll bet the boys are going to love theirs :thumbsup:

And thank you both for the edit!
My boys had a blast using their 3.5s over the weekend whittling and sharpening sticks. They both have Bravo 1s, but I realized they're too big for them now. The 3.5s seem to work perfect for them right now. My wife almost claimed my 2.7 over the weekend...lol She has a few Barkies but haven't given her a GSO yet. To be honest I really haven't found a S!k that I don't like yet. I'd be happy to use or carry any of them. The hard part for me is which ones to bring. That and I'd like to use my CPKs as well, but I tend to grab the same GSOs. 1st world problems..lol

I love my 3.5 its probably spent more time on my hip than any of my sk! Blades. It just such a joy to use for whittling and food prep. I was going to preorder the new version but decided to get the 7/7 instead. Im waiting on a 7/7 and the 4 limited. I'd really like to get that 4.5 too but ill see when they release them.

My current wait list:
  • GSO 7/7 (Factory 2nd) - Ordered 6/5/17
  • SK12 - Ordered 6/21/17
  • GSO12 - Ordered 6/22/17
  • GSO6 - Ordered 6/22/17

Excellent, when you get your 12's you can do a compare and contrast article for us. :)
That's the idea! :)

I'm pretty curious to do a side-by-side to show the differences between the (Millit-produced) SK line and Guy's hand-finished GSO line. I hope to receive both of them around the same time, and will try my hardest not to beat on either of them until I have both in-hand. It will be hard to resist the temptation, though.

I'm also going to attempt to be quick-enough to score a CPK "Behemoth Chopper" in the very near future, which (if successful) would make a VERY interesting contender to throw-in the comparison. I've come to appreciate both S!K and CPK for their quality and craftsmanship.

Last edited:
That's the idea! :)

I'm pretty curious to do a side-by-side to show the differences between the (Millit-produced) SK line and Guy's hand-finished GSO line. I hope to receive both of them around the same time, and will try my hardest not to beat on either of them until I have both in-hand. It will be hard to resist the temptation, though.

I'm also going to attempt to be quick-enough to score a CPK "Behemoth Chopper" in the very near future, which (if successful) would make a VERY interesting contender to throw-in the comparison. I've come to appreciate both S!K and CPK for their quality and craftsmanship.

Don't resist man, beat the snot out of the one you get first. I don't think you'll see an appreciable performance function by the time you get the other.

Good luck on the BC.. I have the day off and I'm tempted to try and throw my hat in the ring too.

I'm waiting on the one and "only" one Survive Knives, the GSO 7/7. No knife is worth the 2 plus year of wait except a super sought after custom knife. I'm sure those usually give a fair warning of the wait time.

Jack, really? In my experience the wait time for customs has generally been a lot longer than projected.
If you don't want to wait for a knife there are a lot of really fine offerings in the "For Sale by Maker" area of BF.
I've picked up a number of really nice ones there over the years.
Edit: I just noticed that Chiral made a similar comment in another thread. No, we aren't tag teaming you... ;)

Last edited:
If you don't want to wait for a knife there are a lot of really fine offerings in the "For Sale by Maker" area of BF.
I've picked up a number of really nice ones there over the years.
Edit: I just noticed that Chiral made a similar comment in another thread. No, we aren't tag teaming you... ;)

Sometimes i worry that you might be my clone, then realize that I might be the clone and so keep my thoughts trained elsewhere :p

I've got a 4.7 headed my way monday!

Sweet! Congrats, and please feel free to share pics and/or impressions if such be your inclination :thumbsup:

I am highly anticipating the GSO 6 to come out, it would check all the boxes of what I want in a 6" blade!

Back