What time frame is this stag handle?

I found this a few years ago at a second hand store and was wondering what time frame it's from. It has a 6" blade and is 11" oal. There is no writing on the other side of the blade.

Thanks, T4

Last edited:
It is post-WW2, pre-1951, Likely 1948 or so to 1950. It is a very nice knife!! Do you have the original sheath?? The Dec 1st, 1950 price list/catalog shows it as a model 294-6.

Thanks t4, but I wanted to see the whole sheath so I could see the KA-BAR mark on the sheath. Could you kindly post another pic showing the sheath marking? Thanks again.

That is the mark I expected. I do have one of these around someplace (I have over 250 KA-BAR/Union Cut knives). Looks like a pretty fair Case sticker next to it. I have a lot of antique Case fixed blades available, and will be set up to sell at the Shenandoah show March31-April2nd. I don't think I can send you a personal message here unless you are a gold member. I have some KA-BARs available and many Remington hunters also. Thanks again for the great photos!!-----G

T4, could you try again? I saw it and started to reply then tried to go back to see your town, and cannot find the message again. I have spent a lot of time in Allen, MI, had some relatives there for a long time. OOPS, Please disregard, I found it and sent you an e-mail.

Last edited:
Back