What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This thread is as fast as lightning, NICE knives and pictures everyone:thumbsup:

A 41° drop in temp from yesterday:eek:

A canvas Beagle for me today.

WXrHMD.jpg

I'm several days behind, but I'm going to try to catch up, kind of. :eek:
ETA: Well, that was very frustrating!! When I originally tried to submit this post, I was told that I had to stay under 10000 characters. I found an online app that would count characters for me, started cutting, and periodically re-submitting. But I was still getting the "too big" error even when I was down to 7K characters according to my counter. Cut some more, and finally got a new error: can't post more than 20 photos (or did it say images). Finally got it to go after chopping out more content. :mad::thumbsdown:

Very busy day all day starting out at the YMCA and have to use some poor older pictures but had these little guys in my pockets . Case Peanut & Baby Butterbean

Harry
Small, but smashing, Harry! :thumbsup: Those walnut Rogers bone Cases with the quad threading are a superlative series!

... I tend to just grab, pocket, and pay! :D ;)
clear.png
:thumbsup:
A motto to live by, and a picturesque photo in the same post! :thumbsup: Thanks, Jack! :p

Rachel, your white Keen Kutter usually grabs my attention, but that stag BF knife stole the show in this post! :thumbsup:
Same thing goes for Paul's Forum knife; simply superb!! :thumbsup:

That old NYKC with bar shield and tip bolsters is the epitome of class, Jeff! :cool:

... It's soooooo nice to have a smaller secondary blade on a scout.

XlFHIJBh.jpg
Totally agree, Buzz! :thumbsup: That's one of the main reasons I'm such a fan of red celidor SAKs, even if the second blade is usually just a small pen.

yJoEuFX.jpg

Victory! I got the pic to post. ...
Congrats, rishma!! :thumbsup:
Are you getting consistent success now?

That Gem would fit right in at the famous diamond markets of Antwerp, Belgium, Ron! :thumbsup:

Andi, I'd forgotten how many notable classic knives you have!! Top-notch SBJ! :thumbsup:

Wilson I love seein' them Yellow Rose knives, how many different patterns did they do? I recall a Trapper but I could be mistaken. Always reminds me of the trip to Texas I made with the Mrs the year before we got married. It was the first time we had spent 24 hrs a day with each other and no one else for 10 days. We figured if we didn't kill each other in 10 day with only each other for company, we'd be ready for marriage. We came close a few times but that was 35 years ago so I guess the proof was in the pudding.

We suffered multiple truck problems, the truck bein' hit by lightning, floods in Huston dead battery in Texarkana, luckily we had a motorcycle chained to the back of the truck :). Unluckily the key to the case hardened lock and hardened chain was 1,300 miles back home in Jersey.
Ted, you spin the most engaging yarns!! :cool::thumbsup::D Sounds like the unabridged version of the story of that Texas trip would be a fascinating hour!

Fantastic Farmer, Flatblackcapo!! Maybe my favorite Alox model, but I currently don't seem to have one! :eek::confused:

Pocketing these two IXLs today :thumbsup:

Praiseworthy pair of I*XLs, Jack! :cool:

:D The first fruit of the Spring Harvest:

And a new knife ready for patina-ing:

Rachel, you've posted a captivating couple of knives, too! :thumbsup:
Congrats on your gardening! :cool: Eggplant?

JK mini-CBK and 2 Case knives for today.
zSNh7hk.jpg
Mtblair, that chestnut jigged bone Peanut and bone stag Sowbelly are captivating Cases! :thumbsup:

Is this the knife whose cover colors you and Alan have discussed? FWIW, I think that smooth rich brown is outstanding! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Carrying my Davison today :) :thumbsup:

As always, your Davison is stupendous, Jack! :thumbsup:
However, the contents of those jars looks like a matter for concern! o_O

This lock back whittler from Joel Chamblin(CTS-XHP, gold pins, stag) is with me this morning,

11117-jpg.700495

Enjoy your Sunday folks
Kris, it's great to have you back posting more regularly again! :thumbsup:
Your knives are such treasures!

That's one of my favorites of yours, Alan (and it isn't even stag :eek:)! :thumbsup::cool:

This past week, I've been using this Remington Big Daddy Barlow in the kitchen to the exclusion of all other knives (thanks, Shawn). It's been working exceptionally well for food prep, but I have to admit it feels a little like going with the nuclear option for garden pests - more knife than is really needed for most of my kitchen tasks! :D:rolleyes:
EbrtpHA.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Praiseworthy pair of I*XLs, Jack! :cool:

As always, your Davison is stupendous, Jack! :thumbsup:
However, the contents of those jars looks like a matter for concern! o_O

EbrtpHA.jpg

Thanks for the kind words GT (and I share your frustration!:rolleyes:) :thumbsup: My Davison is posing with nibbles in one of my favourite York watering-holes ;) :D :thumbsup: Cool Remington my friend
clear.png
:thumbsup:

I'm off to have lunch with Stan Shaw in Sheffield tomorrow :) Going to be accompanied by these two, a Schrade-Wostenholm Stockman gifted to me by Herder, and my latest A.Wright Lambsfoot :) Hope everyone has a good week :thumbsup:

this one still getting the daily use, sorry for the old pic, my computer crashed and I lost my editing software so I haven't had the ability to use my SLR for quite a while.

IMG_67021800x1151_zps9c049b71.jpg

the past six months have been pretty much taken up with selling the old house, moving into temporary housing, and moving again into our new home, which needed and still needs lots of TLC. I swing by here when a can, and it's nice to be able to drop a few likes on some posts I see, and then be on my way. Cheers all!

This one has been in my pocket this rainy weekend. No heavy use but its been needed quite a bit around the garage and house as I tackle little projects along the way. Im loving the feel of the bone in my hand, its something else for sure!

Matt

Rachel, you've posted a captivating couple of knives, too! :thumbsup:
Congrats on your gardening! :cool: Eggplant?
Thanks, and yes, eggplant. That little one was really too young to harvest, but it got overwatered (usually not a problem around here) and was starting to split, so I picked it.
This past week, I've been using this Remington Big Daddy Barlow in the kitchen to the exclusion of all other knives (thanks, Shawn). It's been working exceptionally well for food prep, but I have to admit it feels a little like going with the nuclear option for garden pests - more knife than is really needed for most of my kitchen tasks! :D:rolleyes:
EbrtpHA.jpg
That big Barlow is great. Does that make it a Great Granddaddy Barlow? ;) I just used my new Case Stockman in the kitchen cutting up onions and sweet peppers for Italian meatball sauce. I know it's not really an ideal kitchen knife, but it's a quick way to start a patina without technically forcing one with vinegar. Also, I admit that for all the time I spend keeping my pocket knives sharp, I neglect my kitchen knives. :oops:

I like those flattened penny souvenirs & I'll have to look around for where mine are, pretty sure I have one from the UFO Museum in Roswell, NM. :cool: I remember once finding a website that told you where those machines are located.

Thanks Gary. The tortoise shell is really enjoyable. There's another thread about acrylics. So many there have a negative feeling about them (so did I). All I can say is, try it, you'll like it.

The one on the top. An AG Russell "War Eagle" medium stockman.
3 1/2" with amber jigged bone covers and 7Cr17MoV (~440A) blade steel.
I am particularly appreciative of the nail nicks for the Clip and Sheepsfoot being on the same side. Those are my two most frequently used blades. No blade rub either.
3863e82c-1e42-46e6-acd2-42663d355890_zpse5qqyvu9.jpg

Looking good, GT! If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing!

I agree with you, Alan, in regards to acrylics. I've really enjoyed my GEC Bird and Trout in Tortoise Shell. I would not hesitate to purchase another knife in acrylic handles.

I'm torn between these 5, a imperial peanut imperial vic pocket pal imperial Barlow western f48a and an imperial h6. I'm going to edc one possibly 2 ( fixed and folder ) paired with a vic classic for next weeks edc, when I can just decided.

Back