What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm enjoying your "Into the Garden" series, Gev! :cool: (Alternate title: Into the Menagerie. ;)) That's a handsome red knife! :thumbsup:

Holiday weekend here in the US, and I finally "closed the books" on my spring semester yesterday, so I'm going to work hard at relaxing this weekend! :p Carrying some recent purchases that haven't made it onto my rotation schedule yet (I plan to start updating that schedule this weekend).
A matching pair from the Marbles Workman series, camper and "trapper":
xGF8fgr.jpg

aQZqZ7s.jpg

Another matching pair of Marbles with ram's horn covers, sowbelly and canoe:
cho3jSu.jpg

UlICCIV.jpg

- GT

I will think of a series to go with your suggestion, Gary :thumbsup: Thank you ! I find the Marbles workman series very intriguing !

Some gorgeous fixed blades posted today :thumbsup:

Went for a quick hike at a local state park this morning, carrying these two.

I love a small fixed blade in my back pocket, always comes in handy. :)

Nothing fancy. A Buck 301 in black Valox covers. Mostly because I have a thing for Buck 301's. Always have. (Sorry for the pic. It's the only one I have with this particular 31.)
0a9295ff-3fd3-412b-b967-f5c03c31dc73_zpsd10gcdmt.jpg

I love the Buck 300 series, I have a few, do you ever spin them on their backsprings ? Greatest spinnin' knife out there, they were the original fidget spinners. ;)

This one for Stag Saturday

I see that piece of cardboard under the etched blade ;). Try puttin' a big bag of rice down with a cloth over it to shoot your pics. You can position your knife/knives anywhere or way you want.

This is the other one I threw in my pocket. :)

31dXzrN.jpg

Exhilarating and elegant, Dean! :thumbsup:

As always, I'm also carrying a Vic Minichamp and a Rough Rider small stockman (thanks r8shell):
qO81Zdu.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary! It is always good to see that very special knife; it is an incalculably appropriate carry for you.

I carried one of my new 54's today. This Brown Burlap was in the pocket! :D Hoping everyone has a great weekend! :thumbsup:

34912156545_e6355eebac_b_d.jpg

This is what I said when I saw this knife, Ron: "Wow!" 'Nuff said!

Have a good weekend all. I'm still trying to figure out what to carry on Memorial Day. I went with a simple Vic Cadet today (the one at the bottom of the photo).

You were up early on a Saturday morning, Ron! :eek: Congrats on those new 54s! :thumbsup::thumbsup: FWIW, I'm partial to the burlap; one of my sisters once made me a necktie out of an old burlap feedsack that I wore proudly and often! :D (Unfortunately, I seem to have lost it somehow. :()

Gary, I was up at 4:00 AM with some recurring tooth pain! :eek: I have another root canal scheduled for Wednesday. :( So I decided to do some early forum browsing. I really like the #54 M&G's. They are some of the most beautiful slip joints I have seen from a factory! As far as the single blade models go I can say that the Micarta will be in the EDC rotation for sure! :thumbsup:

Ron, a TN shield should be championed for!! I may have to keep that in mind. :D Gorgeous pair my friend.

Brett my friend I have already had that thought on several occasions! I might just have to design a single hit die to make one! :D

Hope ya'll have a great weekend. :)

Brett those are some beautiful knives! That 73 is absolutely gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Into the Garden (series) and Beyond

Mark Job Barlow amidst the Samaras

34539778040_4b75c7b3a3_b.jpg

Marko's Monastery - an interesting rabbit hole Rachel and coincidence? ;) see the weeping of Rachel fresco. I garnered a valuable teaching here

34870956616_df6b3246e4_b.jpg

Gev, Mark's Barlow is a beautiful addition to your garden my friend!!! :D

Reactions: KBA
This is what I said when I saw this knife, Ron: "Wow!" 'Nuff said!

Have a good weekend all. I'm still trying to figure out what to carry on Memorial Day. I went with a simple Vic Cadet today (the one at the bottom of the photo).

Thanks Dean! Nice double dose of Orange Alox you have today! :)

Installed a new pool pump and filter today. Natural canvas micarta Mudbug on my belt, and the controversial Benchmade 319 Proper in my pocket.

Been away a few days and its mind boggling how this thread flies by:)

This was in the mailbox when I got back in town tonight, a Zulu Spear in black linen Micarta by Ian Vanreenen:cool::thumbsup:

It's 3 3/4" closed, double pinned acorn shield, a CPM 154 hollow ground blade thats solid and centered and sits flush in all three positions. This knife is a pleasure to own and use:thumbsup:

SaFA9Z.jpg

BsEjLe.jpg

RZN3D8.jpg

NnjSDm.jpg

Back