What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

So many gorgeous knives...I wish I had the time and motivation to multi-quote like Jack ;)

Let me know if you're getting tired of seeing this one yet...I forced a little patina, really makes the lamination on the main "pop" :)

I'm not finding it too easy anymore Chip! :eek: :D Beautiful Ohta Whittler :) :thumbsup:

Thank you to those who have served, who battle with meomories, who have given a part of themselves for my freedom. Thank you to those families who haved sacrificed in sending their sons, daughters, moms and dads, to serve this country. I hope my actions express my gratitude more than my words. I hope you and yours are blessed today as others honor and remember you.

full

Thank you to those who have served, who battle with meomories, who have given a part of themselves for my freedom. Thank you to those families who haved sacrificed in sending their sons, daughters, moms and dads, to serve this country. I hope my actions express my gratitude more than my words. I hope you and yours are blessed today as others honor and remember you.

full
No more or less needs to be said. These words should be etched in everyone's heart.

I carry a small flashlight in mine. Makes a great dog walking combo.

I can see why carrying a folder with the FB is redundant.

Jack Blacks Lamb's Foot cooked and helped me consume supper.

Aged beef, salted and peppered, cooked over charcoal and pecan then seared on the griddle. Maybe the best steak I've ever had.

Red Taters roasted in avocado oil, salt, jalapeno pepper, and red pepper. Awesome.

View attachment 712374
Woodrow, I used your method last night on some Ribeyes. Were some of the best darn steaks I've had, the middling quality of the meat not withstanding. I've got a heavy aluminum seasoned 2-burner griddle that did 3 steaks at once. Great tip!:thumbsup:

Carrying my red hot Ulster stockman again today.

Ive been industrious.Built this RR large lock back.In typical meako fashion I ran blindly into a couple of problems.
The wood scales that came with it were cheap and nasty looking laminate wood.I didnt fancy them so got some off cuts from the firewood bin at a local joinery.Some sort if aussie hard wood. Had to then get that cut down and planed to an apprpriate thickness.
I discovered Corrimal mens shed with its supply of knowledgeable blokes and fully tooled up workshop.
Then during a dummy run I tapped to hard on the pin and the bolster fell off. I think they are spot welded not sure. I took it to my mate Pete for silver soldering and in that process learned something.
I lost the pins for the scales so had to order pinstock.
I tapped too hsrd again and lost the bolster off the other end. I was able to silver solder that back in place myself. Charring the already glued scale and giving it some "character ":cool:. Pinning and peining worked like a charm. Filed down and sanded .Polished and sharpened.Still gotta get some scratches out of the brass.But all up not bad for a first attempt. The new wood really lifts it.
Its aliiive.:)
View attachment 714012
Good job with the silver solder. I've given up even trying.

Woodrow, I used your method last night on some Ribeyes. Were some of the best darn steaks I've had, the middling quality of the meat not withstanding. I've got a heavy aluminum seasoned 2-burner griddle that did 3 steaks at once. Great tip!:thumbsup:

Carrying my red hot Ulster stockman again today.

Another tip is I cook to internal temp of 125F. Rest 10-15min. Then sear.

Got the Opinel and 12OT working on the house today.20170529_155704-1024x768.jpg

Back