What watch do you wear?

Sabbath wrist wear.

sabbath_1.jpg

The rest of the week I really don't like a watch on my wrist.

sabbath.jpg

So many nice watches I have two Citizen Eco-Drive watches

A caution...
I've been through a number of Citizen eco-drives that I bought used, and I have my third one now. All 3 of them had problems with what Citizen calls the power cell (what I call the battery). Even though some of these are rated to go 30 days without light, I've discovered that they recommend the watches be given a fairly constant amount of light. IOW don't put it in a drawer for a couple of weeks. My current model I sent to Citizen for a new power cell and they put in a new movement. I store it near a window where it gets some daylight every day. On the net I found a lot of companies in business to replace the power cells which is an indication that there is a problem with the technology. I prefer my Luminox with a battery that lasts something like 5 years and that I can replace myself for $3 vs. a solar powered Citizen that I have to send in and pay $100 to replace its battery that I shouldn't have to replace.

A caution...
I've been through a number of Citizen eco-drives that I bought used, and I have my third one now. All 3 of them had problems with what Citizen calls the power cell (what I call the battery). Even though some of these are rated to go 30 days without light, I've discovered that they recommend the watches be given a fairly constant amount of light. IOW don't put it in a drawer for a couple of weeks. My current model I sent to Citizen for a new power cell and they put in a new movement. I store it near a window where it gets some daylight every day. On the net I found a lot of companies in business to replace the power cells which is an indication that there is a problem with the technology. I prefer my Luminox with a battery that lasts something like 5 years and that I can replace myself for $3 vs. a solar powered Citizen that I have to send in and pay $100 to replace its battery that I shouldn't have to replace.
I have had mine for at least 2 years and no issues with either I would probably find a local repair or dump the watch if the cost is too high. I don't store mine in a drawer though they don't get much light when not worn just on top of dresser. I have been looking at a Seiko that also happens to be solar you have any word on their solar watches?

Casio MTF-E002B-1AVCF "Classic Chronograph"

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This watch is 44 mm wide (47 mm with crown), 47 mm lug-to-lug, 24 mm lug width, 13 mm thick, and it weighs 4 ounces on Casio's PVC strap. It is seriously overbuilt for a chronograph, and since I don't wear it often, I decided to see how heavy I could make it. On the heaviest Chinese bracelet I found on eBay, it weights 8.85 ounces (250 grams).

Last edited:
A caution...

I have to say, I've had my Citizen Eco-Drive BM7080-03E since November of 2010. Have had zero issues with the power cell/battery. Also, the power reserve is listed at 6 months on my watch. I once put it away for 2 months in a dark drawer while wearing a nearly $100 Casio that I got during a double sale for only $15. After the two months, the Citizen was working just fine.

Since Photobucket killed my old pics... still rocking my Luminox with custom tritium :D

IMG_20161024_134811.jpg

~Chip

That watch is a monster! What is that 48-50mm?

No, just perspective... 44-45mm... Valjoux7750 powered "CSAR" made in the same factory as the Marathon.

Back