What watch do you wear?

mhxJbOE.jpg

rBOAPWk.jpg

Saw the movie Dunkirk last weekend. In the Spitfire cockpit sequences showing the pilot chalking his estimated fuel and time on the instrument panel, he's wearing an Omega Weems which were purchased by the UK Air Ministry. Owning such an uncommon watch, it was cool seeing one in the film.

fdbd1a9c.jpg

Last edited:
My everyday watch is a Timex Indiglo. It's great in the dark. Just push the stem and the dial lights up.
I also have a Tag Heuer that my folks bought 30 years ago.
Then I have my late Father's Hamilton automatic. Have had it rebuilt 3 times since he died in 1994, and it needs it again.:(
Then I have his pride and joy, a Rolex Datejust Perpetual. It hadn't run for about 8 years. I am a Private Investigator and I had an undercover assignment where I needed to look like a high roller. Mom let me use it. I wound it up and it ran fine. Put it back in the safe and it stayed untouched for over 10 years. Mom gave it to me and it still runs fine.
I have to wear a watch. Most people just use their cell phone. Guess I'm a dinosaur, but I don't care.:cool:
Jim

G shock Rangeman. I never really wore a watch until the end of last year. I was looking for something tough water resistant or proof with compass. It's a little big but I've gotten used to it, I feel naked without now. All and all no problems or complaints yet.image.jpg

When I'm hiking, backpacking, or camping, I swap out my daily d(r)iver for this inexpensive Casio (SGW100-1V). Tacky compass design aside, this is a great beater watch for me: It weighs next to nothing, keeps good time, has a light-up face and an alarm, is water-resistant, and the compass function is surprisingly accurate. It's not snazzy, but if I accidentally smack it against a rock and manage to break it, no worries.

ClXBzet.jpg

Hamilton Khaki PVD. Just picked it up the other day and so far I'm loving it. It's just a quartz model but I'd figure it be a great everyday watch looks great, well made, durable enough for play, nice enough for a night out.

Back