What would you like to see from CS in 2017?

Well the bad part of them discontinuing a lot their 3" inch and lower bladed models is that quite a few states and cities in the US have creeped in sub 3" max length blade laws .I pass through one of these cities almost everyday without knowing for years .I was recently looking at the mini recon 1 because of its 3 inch blade and upgraded steel just for this reason along with the durability of the Triad lock.People should look at their local knife laws I bet their are quiet a few on this board who don't even know they are exceeding the blade length of their EDC of that jurisdiction and probably aren't even aware.It cuts the customer base down ,but I guess they have their accountants on it deciding if its cost effective.

Here is the most important thing to remember though, it doesn't matter if you were not aware of the local ordinances, all that matters is that Mr. POPO knows them if you happened to get pulled and does search on you and ends with your confiscated knife + what ever misdemeanor charges cost.Maybe you luck up and he lets you off. Myself, I am not taking that risk anymore.

Here is a pretty thorough list
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife2.pdf

Last edited:
One area CS is lacking is 4" tactical fixed tanto, sort of like a fixed blade version of the Voyagers. Or a Shorter handle 3.5"-4" fixed tanto.

The general consensus is IMPROVE current designs, no need to bring new models:

MICARTA or G-10 (too heavy and slippery but better than rubber), steel guards, you can go Zytel (as strong and damage proof as G-10 but lighter and better texture).

I truly enjoy the SRK/Tanto handle shape, simple, neutral, not overly complicated with "ergos", allows me to use the knife in any form and you can quickly index the blade just by feel.

I'd like a more compact version of the code 4, with Titanium scales, as a limited run perhaps? surely, such a knife would take away sales from the competition :)

I truly enjoy the SRK/Tanto handle shape, simple, neutral, not overly complicated with "ergos", allows me to use the knife in any form and you can quickly index the blade just by feel.
I like this idea but with G10 handles that are screw on to enable easy cleaning and the finger guard as part of the blade design.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

i have been using CS knives since the early 80's and moved away from them when I felt they became over priced for what you got. With the new direction in the cleaning up of existing designs, I am back on board. My new American Lawman is everything I wish my first AUS-8 one was.

I would like to see more American made models and an option for uncoated blades instead of DLC.

Last edited:
Production 5max and 6 max
Upgraded rajah 2 (cts xhp, g10 no liner ) or 6-7 inch colossus
All production moved to Italy
3v folders.

mid priced machete's...now you can choose cheapo machetes or very expensive ones...but a decent 100/150 dollar one is on my list

All i want is for the SR1 to be released, the wait is getting as bad as my wait for a Demko custom.

Clip point xl voyager in OD green handles and dlc blade, plain edged. Xhp steel to go with the rawles and vaquero

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back