What would you like to see from Spyderco in 2018?

It's now June and it's right about this time every year that myself and many others start to wonder what might be in store for the next year. With the Mid-Year Update out now you can go forward with your fantasies.

Here's what I'd like to see-

1. Para Military 2 LW- In FRCP a lighter weight PM2 would be awesome. It would be a bigger seller than the Manix 2 LW for sure. Plus I've come to like the FRCP and FRN better for grip retention as it doesn't seem to degrade over time and use like G10. I see this as entirely do-able as the strength of the my FRCP Manix 2 has convinced me that a PM2 LW would be a sweet little LW folder.

2. New Pacific Salt styled like the Endura 4- I see this happening no matter what as it's already started with the smaller Salts. Again, I just like the texture better. An LC200N version Pacific Salt would really Hoover the money out of my wallet with extreme speed.

3. Military with a Compression Lock- I just like the Compression Lock better. If they can come out with a Back-Lock Manix 2 while keeping the BBL version then a Military with a Compression Lock should be even easier. It would get rid of the only reason why I don't own one.

So what would you guys like to see in 2018?

Last edited:
Slysz Swayback for sure! Another run of Lum Tanto folders would be amazing - maybe full Ti or a CF version. Tip up carry Ti Millie would be nice too. :)

2. New Pacific Salt styled like the Endura 4- I see this happening no matter what as it's already started with the smaller Salts. Again, I just like the texture better. An LC200N version
Pacific Salt would really Hoover the money out of my wallet with extreme speed.

This x1000000...A Pacific Salt in LC200N with a sleek shape like the Endura 4 or even like the new Police 4 would eat my money for breakfast. I wish the new Caribbean had a nicer shape, i mean functionally it'll be great, but it just looks...like a chubby yellow tenacious with a compression lock.

Actually just a Police 4 LC200N sprint, i would buy 3.

Mini Ronin (3" blade plus steel upgrades)

Kalist III (MJ use some really good steel)

More edc fixed blades and a Ronin and PM2 trainer

Thanks

Yes the Swayback is one of my most anticipated knives from Spyderco. I would like to see them bring back the Spyderco Kumo. It is such an awesome knife that I am super sad I missed out on.

I'd like to see a smaller Nirvana in something like m390 and full flat grind. I don't even care if it's an integral (I'd actually prefer that it wasn't), I just really liked the shape of it.
I'd possibly go for a millitary with tip-up carry.

I'd love to see Spyderco's take on a more traditional pocket knife. I love the Roadie, but perhaps a bit larger blade and some g10 or micarta scale options.

Would also love to see a locking version of the Pingo with some updated scale options.

Techno 2 is high on my wish list.

Some good American SS getting shipped to Japan and coming back as S110V, 204P and XHP Delicas, Dflies and Enduras.

A 204P Para 3 with the dark green G10 scales.

LW versions of both the PM2 and Para 3.

Blurple S110V and dark green 204P Manix 2 XLs.

A bigger version of the Dfly with a Cruwear blade of around 2.5 - 2.75"!!

A jade G10 scaled M4 Delica.

A SS folder with FRN and a blade shape very similar to the Sprig. A blade around 2.75 - 3.25" will do.

I'd love to see the Manix 2 XL in a variety of interesting steels and variations like those offered in the regular version

More models getting the wharnie treatment? Would love a wharncliffe dragonfly or manix2

Ouroboros with phozbronze washers and maybe even blurple. Black 's good though. VG10 is great for this one.

Para2 with M4 , regular (not LW) blurple (I guess you shouldn't do it again in natural G10 but I like that as well) THAT WAS 2 (not Para 3).

Endura with M4 or white paper steel (nice and hard) with detent like the UKPK black or blurple or layered

Last edited:
Back