What would you like to see from Spyderco in 2018?

Pacific salt 2

This. I'd love to see it beefed up as well as a light weight model. Make one with LC200N, G10 scales, even with LC200N liners and lock mechanism if possible. Would love a full sized, rugged salt knife with the same kind of profile as the current models. Not very keen on the aesthetics of the Caribbeans.

So it's a bit cheeky, but would love to see CD work with Spyderco to put out a Clinch Pick. Like the current production version, but with some small tweaks. Different steel, double edge, a few small tweaks to the sheath...:D:p

This. I'd love to see it beefed up as well as a light weight model. Make one with LC200N, G10 scales, even with LC200N liners and lock mechanism if possible. Would love a full sized, rugged salt knife with the same kind of profile as the current models. Not very keen on the aesthetics of the Caribbeans.

+1 :thumbsup:

I'd love to get:

- PM3 & Sage 5 in Maxamet and Carbon Fiber.

- Pattada in M390 and Carbon Fiber. Ideally 3 inch blade.

- Slipjoint in CPM M4 designed by Gayle Bradley, at 2.5 inch blade.

- Caly 3.5 (Screwed Construction)

- Scales for mule teams of various materials.

- Replacement screws and washers.

- More ethnic series please! :)

The only production knives I carry now are Spyderco and Rockstead, and I haven't bought a Spyderco in over two years. Everything I've wanted in the past two years have been riveted. I was 99% at getting the Maxamet Manix, Native, ZDP Dragonfly and pretty much any Seki knife but I just can't understand any non-traditional knife that is riveted. Honestly I'm sad that Spyderco used to be my favorite, die-hard awesome company, but I can't find anything I like anymore that isn't either a titanium framelock flipper or a lightweight, pinned knife I can't take apart.

Last edited:
id like to see a LW model but instead of FRN, peel ply textured carbon fiber in its place. no metal scales. just carbon fiber, blade and screws to keep it together. i dont even care what lock type it is, compression, backlock, nested liner, manix2 type lock, whatever (tho not a frame lock, that would defeat the purpose). i dont prefer rivets as i want to take it apart, but if it cant be done, so be it, id still get one.

id like to see a LW model but instead of FRN, peel ply textured carbon fiber in its place. no metal scales. just carbon fiber, blade and screws to keep it together. i dont even care what lock type it is, compression, backlock, nested liner, manix2 type lock, whatever (tho not a frame lock, that would defeat the purpose). i dont prefer rivets as i want to take it apart, but if it cant be done, so be it, id still get one.
The 40th anny Native is linerless carbon fiber. Love it.

The 40th anny Native is linerless carbon fiber. Love it.
thanks i didnt know that. well... maybe a more cost savings version that doesnt include flutted milling (ie peel ply cf) and cts-xhp (or any other moderately priced steel) steel instead of damasteel.

that 40th anv native its a great looking knife, certainly worth the price it commands. but im just not into something that fancy and small for that much money. but if thats all i can get, i may look into getting one eventually.

I would like to see more diamond rods for the sharpmaker. I would like a 200 and a 1200 as well as maybe one in the 600-800 range.

Other than that they are already pumping out more knives that I want than I need or can afford so I am pretty happy.

Everything I've wanted in the past two years have been riveted. I was 99% at getting the Maxamet Manix, Native, ZDP Dragonfly and pretty much any Seki knife but I just can't understand any non-traditional knife that is riveted.

You should take another look. The Maxamet Native and ZDP Dragonfly are not pinned. Most of the Seki offerings are not.

You should take another look. The Maxamet Native and ZDP Dragonfly are not pinned. Most of the Seki offerings are not.

Good call. I wrote that statement in poor syntax. That comment about pins was referring to the Caly above. The other Seki knives are screwed construction, but still take a little more effort to be taken apart than TaiChung/Golden. I used the Dragonfly and Native 5 as examples because they have that extra show-side pin for the back-lock. I tried to get some maple-burl scales for my Matriarch 2, but I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I'm not the only one wondering the same thing:

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/removing-scales-from-manix-2-lightweight.1136151/
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...s-with-screws-on-lightweight-manix-2.1258254/
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63994&hilit=Manix+2+LW+Conversion+Completed

But in the end, I'm just waiting for the titanium ball-bearing frame-lock flipper trend to end, so I can go back to buy classically awesome Spydercos. Just letting Sal know I'll be here waiting with my money in my yet to be bandaged fingers. :D

Centofante 3 sprint (ZDP189 / British Racing Green FRN)
Blackhawk sprint (VG10, full flat grind)
D'Allara 3 back lock

Back