Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

This one is coming my way tomorrow. I'm not a fan of file work but the combination of materials on my favorite pattern created a gouge in my knife budget. Photo is hijacked from Arizona Custom Knives. Hope they don't mind.
KHh5UTQl.jpg

I am waiting on the #66 calf roper in ebony and two euro - barlows, one in rams horn and the other in cocobolo. :D

Have the 38 Special Jack in Bocote, and the 48 Improved Trapper Blackwood coming in the same box. Quite some nice timing!

Got a case TB tribal lock harvest bone on the way- I had to abandon hope of getting a Zebra wood .

GEC Beer Scout in maroon Mic and a Queen 4 blade Congress in Stag/Joe Pardue collab, circa 2008. Ordered from CK

These are my first traditional's since I was a kid..Modern folders for the last 10 yrs, then the traditional patterns hit me pretty hard a few months ago..so many I want now and I have little to no knowledge..and have done little homework.

I knew I wanted D2 steel and or 1095..and Ive read that CK is a trusted, passionate distributor..other than that ..I just took the plunge and shot from the hip..

Of course..Ive done more research after ordering..lol. Im confident I will love the BS..The queen Congress has me a little concerned as Ive read that the Queens can be hit/miss w/ some issues..edge/grind being the most concerning, effecting use. Honestly not too worried, no matter the issues..and dont mean to derail this thread...Just very excited and slightly distracted w/ concern and anticipation..not unlike an expecting farther (seems silly, I understand)..

Anyway..expect pics and a ton of questions from the new guy..

GEC 25 Sheepsfoot in Burnt stag. A whole lot of firsts come with this purchase. It seems to be a hard to find knife and probably should be a safe queen but I use all my knives.

I just ordered up a Boker limited edition 1674 camp knife. I normally only collect US-made knives, but I've lusted after a German Boker camp knife for years.

It's soooo hard to find scout patterns with upgraded blade steel, so when you see 440C, you jump all over it. The fact that it has gorgeous amboina wood covers, nice packaging, and great accessories, is icing on the cake.

vjUJAFPh.jpg

EnFJzYyh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice choice, Buzz, Boker Solingen makes fantastic knives.

I hope so. This is the second most I've ever paid for a traditional. Just a few dollars less than I paid for Charlie's Texas Camp Knife. But I'm really looking forward to this.

I hope it meets your standards for fit and finish also. I have owned quite a few of Boker's high-end knives, some have been disappointing but some also have been some of the nicest knives I own, and are nicer than a many customs that I have seen. Look forward to your impressions!

I'm really looking forward to this one. Andy knocked it out of the park. Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.

F18728DC-2A1F-424D-BE5C-810FE444D8E3_zps8ppadeg0.jpg

DBE41DD8-E0D8-44E7-A928-1287FADA4F80_zpsnbqgexgc.jpg

Back