What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

I'll bet. Ever think of getting the tube doors?
Nah, it's all or nothing lol. I think tube doors are for trail riding to keep you in and keep stuff out. I do like them but would prob look weird if it's not a trail rig. Snakebreakers would look right with tube doors.

What's the purpose of trimming the fenders?

Gives more tire clearance for crawling. I think the fender well gets gutted or trimmed as well.

Little upgrade from my earlier posts. Trimmed fenders......windshield lights and a leveling kit giving it a total of 6 inches of lift.......

Looks like a fun ride! Did you plasti dip the door, grill, and wheels? I thought about doing those 3 the same way

What's the purpose of trimming the fenders?

Zero tire rub under full flex when sway bars are disconnected. I'm installing 38's or 40's here soon, so rubbing would be even a bigger factor than it is now.

I also think it looks amazing. I have always personally hated stock fenders.

Its a blast 'Slice! Bought it new in 2012 and I've been building it ever since. Its my daily driver. Its so fun, even if I'm not out beating on it, I get people approach me every day or at a stop light or wherever ask about it. Fun stuff!

Took her for another spin tonight. Weather is nice.

1.png

2.png

3.png

It's just about time for new moccasins under the mail truck. I've been running Good Year Silent Armor's well beyond their rated shelf-life, and they've soldiered on from day one with never a whisper of trouble. I give them 2 thumbs way up! :thumbup::thumbup:

I have my eye on the new AT KO-2's from BFG though. I like what I've heard so far. They roll through the shop sometimes on customers trucks, I saw a set this week. They've got a really squishy compound!

I ran across a nice couple in a rest are near Redding Ca. yesterday in a really nicely built out CJ......A very pleasant talk and I commiserated as they were waiting for the old girl to cool down in 97 degree heat..... All the bells and Whistles I would have loved on my own....I had a better Roll cage but this baby had all the details done up right...... Got a picture of the dash which Bladite will insert tonite and I think you will enjoy the sentiment.....

Good times.......

E

I ran across a nice couple in a rest are near Redding Ca. yesterday in a really nicely built out CJ......A very pleasant talk and I commiserated as they were waiting for the old girl to cool down in 97 degree heat..... All the bells and Whistles I would have loved on my own....I had a better Roll cage but this baby had all the details done up right...... Got a picture of the dash which Bladite will insert tonite and I think you will enjoy the sentiment.....

Good times.......

E
Very cool. My brother in law lives in Redding.

Redding is hotter than coals in the 'que right now! :eek:

I take that back, I was thinking of another town! I know, :foot::foot:

Last edited:

Good times.......

E

beep boop beep faxing it in a bit late for the boss

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

That CJ-7 is slick. I see on board air system. It looks like they went with a twin stick shift levers on the D300 transfer-case so I'm going to assume that there are other non-stock goodies stuffed underneath.

It makes me miss my CJ-5.

Actually there was very littl that was stock..... Modest risers, good bumpers. Winch, decent skid plate, better seats.... Hi--Lift, earth moving equip.... A decent amount of dirt and grime. In the right places.... Well used, well equipped and well loved........ He was ready.....

E

I guess a new water pump and radiator is next ? I love a CJ. There's one down the road for sale that looks just like a CJ version of my TJ. I told my wife Sunday when we passed it that Ginny Jeep(my TJ) had a crush on it. Every time we pass it, they make eye contact and she smiles, and she has a thing for older Jeeps. I need to find a way to get them together lol.

She said I should fix her up with a Grand Cherokee...😒

should not these little people have protective kevlar helmets and also be sporting arms? :D

Back