Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

I picked up a lcp 2 recently and it's heads and tails above the original. Great trigger. Love the front cocking serrations. Much better sights. All around improved gun. Perfect for super discreet carry. Comes with a decent little pocket holster also.

I picked up a lcp 2 recently and it's heads and tails above the original. Great trigger. Love the front cocking serrations. Much better sights. All around improved gun. Perfect for super discreet carry. Comes with a decent little pocket holster also.

good to know, thanks. :thumbup: i'm going to have to eventually try one.

Wife is looking at a new ccw gun. Been looking around and found eaa (Tanfoglio) took their CZ based witness and redesigned it specifically for women. Read a few reviews and it looks really good. Their witness full size is exceptional. It's called the witness Pavona. Comes in several sparkling colors. For $300 it's a steal!

455204265080f1cfb43aab7f6cbb4814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im taking a Safety Shooting course tomorrow morning and I will soon have my CCL.
Im looking at getting my first Concealed Carry handgun and am pretty ignorant to whats out there.

Right now a Colt Defender in 9mm is really catching my eye. :D

I already own a Beretta M9A1 and love that gun dearly, but its not up to par on the 'concealable' point.
Im not opposed to a revolver, but ive never shot one.

The one thing I will say, is that I do not want a polymer/plastic handgun. Im sure you all will burn me for saying that, but my dad has a Glock 17 and I cant stand it!

What small sized pistols do you carry?
What do you like about them?
If you could purchase any compact handgun what would it be?

Thanks for the input. I look forward to the feedback.

I'd recommend going to a range and trying out a few. Gun selection is a personal thing. Best to go with whatever feels best to you, that you can shoot well.

So far all I have experience with is my glock 19. I couldn't be happier with it. I wanted something small enough to conceal but large enough for a good 3 finger grip.
The next time I go to the range I'm going to rent whatever they have in a 38 snub. I've been eyeing the Ruger lcr(?)and SW 642 a lot lately but I'm still a little hesitant about the smaller grips. I tried a friends single stack 9mm Taurus, and that thing feels like it was going to jump straight out of my hand.
I have also considered a Ruger SP101, but I don't ever see myself loading it with .357.

The 442/642 is the most unpleasant handgun I've ever shot. I ccw a snubbie sp101, and am a surgeon with it. Even with 158gr full magnums it is both easier to control and more pleasant to shoot than the 442/642 with non +P .38spl

It is significantly weightier though.

I've only been carrying concealed for a couple of years now. I waited until the state did away with the need for a permit before proceeding. I only have two concealable models, on Ruger LCP and Glock 26. The LCP carries very well, to the point it's easily forgotten about. But the 26 is simply the superior model so long as deep concealment isn't needed.

so, my sons are home from school. my youngest says, "can we go shoot while i'm home sometime?" uhhh, yup. had a great day at the range today....

IMG_35381_zpscgjjboek.jpg

and, to followup with the stunnerable request, i had an interesting day with the kimber micro 9. it didn't start well. the first 4-5 mags yielded many failure to feeds and failure to return to battery. but, the last several mags i fired were great. no problems. and the last one, i finally got things figured out. btw, for me, it made a big difference triggering from the tip of my finger vs. the crease of the joint. once i switched to the crease, i got groups like this from 7 yards....
IMG_35321_zpsdxxx6m9p.jpg

not bad for a tiny gun, especially first time out.

Any updates on this? Reliability any better?

My wife surprised me this past Christmas with a Glock 43. It hasn't replaced my beloved 642 as my favorite carry gun.......yet:rolleyes:

After not buying myself anything for over a year, I finally saved up enough to buy myself a new gun. I pick up my new Kimber Micro 9 Saturday afternoon.

After not buying myself anything for over a year, I finally saved up enough to buy myself a new gun. I pick up my new Kimber Micro 9 Saturday afternoon.

Congrats John! Pics and range report please.

Jeff

I'm pretty excited, I've gone without buying anything for too long. I went to five gun stores today, and finally found one at Big R.

I'm pretty excited, I've gone without buying anything for too long. I went to five gun stores today, and finally found one at Big R.

sweet man. let us know what you think after you get a chance to shoot her. congrats. :thumbup:

Oooooh, micro 9 sounds like an interesting version of a knife. Congrats on the new 9mm.

Back