Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

nice to hear - I really like the looks of the ruger commander style, and the price isn't too scary.

Went to the gunshop this morning, figured I'd trade in my 3" S&W 629 on something I'd use more often. They offered me $220 for it, needless to say I walked out.

Went to the gunshop this morning, figured I'd trade in my 3" S&W 629 on something I'd use more often. They offered me $220 for it, needless to say I walked out.

I know gun prices are down, but that is insulting.

What was the "magic" number you had in mind?

I've had it 15-20 years, it's in about 95% condition. It's a Lew Horton limited edition, so I was hoping for at least $350.

Im taking a Safety Shooting course tomorrow morning and I will soon have my CCL.
Im looking at getting my first Concealed Carry handgun and am pretty ignorant to whats out there.

Right now a Colt Defender in 9mm is really catching my eye. :D

I already own a Beretta M9A1 and love that gun dearly, but its not up to par on the 'concealable' point.
Im not opposed to a revolver, but ive never shot one.

The one thing I will say, is that I do not want a polymer/plastic handgun. Im sure you all will burn me for saying that, but my dad has a Glock 17 and I cant stand it!

What small sized pistols do you carry?
What do you like about them?
If you could purchase any compact handgun what would it be?

Thanks for the input. I look forward to the feedback.
I carry a glock 26

John - your price is off by about $400 if you're doing a standalone sale -- their offer was under by about $200

Most days I carry my taurus 605 357 snubby, but sometimes I carry my lc9s pro.

In the summer when in shorts and tshirt I normally just carry my taurus tcp 380 in my front pocket.

Back right pocket usually contains my .380 LCP. Truck has a G19 and AR or Galil or 10/22 varmint when there's a coyote/woodchuck hanging around. I've carried 1911's, 4" .357 586, and a 5 shot .38 snub and a Baretta 21a .22. To be honest, the .380 is the way to go in this NC heat. Next on the list is a G43.

Thanks J, John and YC.

For anyone in Illinois that hasn't done it and is curious about the wait time, I submit with fingerprints on April 9. It took 51 days with whatever time the issuing board gets off for Good Friday/Easter and Memorial Day.

Back