Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

I've been printed in Michigan (mandatory there) and by the TSA for PreCheck status. I figured Uncle Sam already knows who I am so I paid the extra to speed things along.

My MI cpl expired on the 21st so I haven't been able to carry anywhere it's valid for 10 days and wasn't able to for three of the five days I was in MI two weeks ago (expired in the middle of our trip).

Don't call it cheap. Call it "patient":p

I've been very curious about the CZ P10c since it was announced.

I have tried, Lord knows I've tried, to love (or at least like) a Glock, specifically my 19, for a long time. On paper it's awesome and fills a niche. But every time I shoot it or spend any time with it, I hate how it feels. The grip feels bad and the angle is wrong for me.

The CZ P10c looks like it could be "the one". I got to handle on a couple weeks ago; I was impressed.

Yeah glock has been sitting on there name for to long. Every glock I own (except for my dept issued 17) has all finger grooves removed and the trigger guard under cut. With the frames modded I love them. With out it they feel like crap in my hands. I love their reliability though.

My p10c has an amazing trigger. Front cocking serrations, index points textured on the frame, great grip angle. I only have about 650 rounds through it as of now but I really love it. My trigger is better than most glock after markets drop ins that cost 150 bucks or more. Every time I shoot it the gun gets smoother and smoother. On top of that at 460 dollar price out the door it has glock beat at every turn minus mag prices. And it needs some trijicon hd nite sights.

The more I carry/shoot my G43 the more I like it. My wife got her CCW last week and is trying to decide what she will be carrying. I voted for her Ruger 38 but I believe she is leaning towards her 380. I told her any choice she was comfortable with and would carry was a step in the right direction. I'm concerned that she might be after my S&W 351PD

CZ makes a great gun. I've been working on them for a long time. Rebuilds and trigger work. One issue is the cost of magazines, they aren't cheap.

I was on the fence about the ported barrel to. But just like everyone else who has actually shot it, the porting is not an issue.

I can tell the porting works to. It shoots just as nice and easy as that big beretta up there.

I really wanted the Performance Center for the worked trigger and high viz sights.

Either one of those two upgrades would be $100 on their own...

And the price was nice to. First, Trump is president, second, memorial day sale, third, $75 rebate. I got a $500 gun for $325.

And compare that to the $225-250 price for the standard shield, it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Im still old school and prefer my 45s ... I have a S&W Shield in 45ACP but mostly carry my Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS variant.
Only carry the Shield when its entirely too hot for pants and have shorts on.
About the only other option I carry is on a very rare occasion I just need something light I will carry my Beretta 85FS Cheetah .380 ... or in extreme heat when its hard to wear enough to conceal anything I fall back to my S&W 637 PC J Frame 5 shot .38 SPL.

Depends on season, clothing, etc. It can go from a single stack 9 to a full size 9.
At the moment it's a Gen4 G19.

Of late, the Kimber Ultra RCPII and the Kimber Micro 9 -

Just ordered two more mags for the Micro -

Looks like the M9 is going to punt the Colt XSP as a backup / pocket piece for most occasions, but only due to the better ballistics.

I still recommend a smaller double action only (shrouded hammer) revolver for most carriers who are not going to train as much as it takes to do it justice.

best

mqqn

borrowed an SCCY to try out -- saved myself some change by doing so.
hated everything about it.

borrowed an SCCY to try out -- saved myself some change by doing so.
hated everything about it.
Thanks Erik - I have not handled one, but wold like to hear your thoughts on them.

I like to have an assortment of concealable pistols for people to try out when taking my class, and I would appreciate your findings on the SCCY products.

best

mqqn

DAO - long trigger pull, a little mushy
no early reset -- you have to completely release the trigger, or it may let the hammer slip without fully engaging.
weird slots cut into the sides just inboard of the backstrap -- they will cut into your hand and leave marks.
the front of the grip is molded for someone with skinny fingers - really skinny.
due to the issues with the trigger and the grip, none of the 5 of us shooting could get it to do more than "pattern" rather than group.

one of the other guys had a sig 238 -- it ate everything except the really cheap Monarch brand ammo.

Back