What's your favorite Swiss army knife? POLL!

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

• Other Victorinox model (please specify in your reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Wenger model (please specify in your reply)

• Victorinox Cadet

• Victorinox Camper

• Victorinox Classic SD

• Victorinox Climber

• Victorinox Hiker

• Victorinox One Hand Trekker

• Victorinox Soldier (111mm)

• Victorinox (91mm alox)

• Victorinox Spartan

• Victorinox SwissChamp

• Victorinox Tinker

• What's a Swiss army knife?

• Total voters
A while back, I posted the question "What's your favorite Swiss army knife?" and manually compiled the responses in an Excel bar graph. But I just learned that there's this fancy thing called a "Poll" so I'm going to give it a try and pose the question again, using some of the top responses as options in the poll. You can vote for more than one if you have more than one favorite. If your favorite isn't on the list, post it in a reply. Explanations for your choices and photos are welcome and appreciated!!! I hope that the post will be helpful for those new to Swiss army knives or considering which Swiss army knife to buy next.

Edit: Oops! "Victorinox (91mm alox)" is supposed to say "Victorinox Soldier (91mm alox)"

Last edited:
I selected the Hiker because it has a Phillips Screwdriver blade instead of the Cork Screw blade that the Camper has. For my uses, the Phillips Screwdriver blade is more useful in most situations. I actually have both a Hiker and a Camper. I like the Saw blade that both knives have.

Hi supratentorial -

My favorite is the Waiter -

It has a spear blade, a bottle opener with flat scredriver, a corkscrew, and tweezers / toothpick.

I use the bootle opener the most probably :D, bit I have also used the corkscrew more than you might think, and it works well.

It is small enough for easy pocket carry, yet substantial enough to get a grip on if you have to cut through something tougher than normal.

I have been carrying my current one for 10+ years - I feel naked without it.

DSC_7443.JPG

best regards -

mqqn

Last edited:
I voted for the alox Soldier but it's just too hard to pick a best.
I love the little Cadet, and the scissors on the Climber.
I like the Huntsman in my bag when I'm on holiday. The GAK....

I can't pick just one, but the Soldier is one of the best pocket knives
ever made IMO. So I'll go with that.

As much as I like my Soldier, the Farmer is my favorite and gets most of the SAK pocket time due to the saw. I would love to get my greedy little hands on a Bushcrafter :) Two layers like the Soldier, but with the saw.

Swisschamp. even the pen gets used a fair amount.

honorable mention for the Vic. Rambler. i think i use it more than the Champ lately

I voted for the Alox Soldier, it's just so cool and classic, and it's the real SAK. I also really like the Swiss Bianco Bushcrafter, Alox frame with large blade, wood saw and reamer. I also like the Vic Compact. My choices are a bit limited as I don't like to go more than three layers.

I voted for the alox Soldier but it's just too hard to pick a best.
I love the little Cadet, and the scissors on the Climber.
I like the Huntsman in my bag when I'm on holiday. The GAK....

I can't pick just one, but the Soldier is one of the best pocket knives
ever made IMO. So I'll go with that.

One of the best pocket knives ever made...I agree. I've said it before, the Soldier is the soul of Victorinox. Get one.

I'll give honorable mention to the Rambler. Lots of capability in that little thing. Compliments a 91mm Soldier perfectly.

Recently the One Hand Trekker stole first place for me.For the longest time my number one SAK was a silver alox Farmer.

This is always a difficult question, I like a lot of SAKs and there are so many variations. Anyway, I voted the alox Soldier, because that's the one I carry mostly, so you could say that's the one that fits my needs on a daily basis.

Its a very hard question... I love the alox soldier dearly...but I EDC 84mm sportsman for almost 10years (not the same one though)... size and tools wise its just perfect for me.

i got to admit that i cant choose one... thats why i collect them.

My favorites are the Soldier (91mm alox), Rambler, and Classic SD.

"Old oldiers never die"
soldier.jpg

Thank you! Keep them coming!

Back