What's your favorite Swiss army knife? POLL!

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

• Other Victorinox model (please specify in your reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Wenger model (please specify in your reply)

• Victorinox Cadet

• Victorinox Camper

• Victorinox Classic SD

• Victorinox Climber

• Victorinox Hiker

• Victorinox One Hand Trekker

• Victorinox Soldier (111mm)

• Victorinox (91mm alox)

• Victorinox Spartan

• Victorinox SwissChamp

• Victorinox Tinker

• What's a Swiss army knife?

• Total voters
I recently got a Sportsman II and love it. It's basically a Cadet w/corkscrew, awl, tweezer, and toothpick.

Well, I very muck like the pioneer/si. One of the two is in my pocket a lot of the time. The Hiker and Recruit get a lot of time too, particularly the Recruit cause I'm not afraid to abuse it because it was so cheap. But probably my favorite is the OHT, non-serrated. Locking blade and screwdriver, has a saw, keyring, good size, and opens with one hand, perfect for when I go hiking. But I don't own one SAK I'm not in love with.

My favorite is in my pocket right now; phillips voyager (which when I first purchased it, was called the manager), a rambler with added sheepsfoot/safety blade and orange peeler. The two blades + the phillips/caplifter +scissors + tweezers + toothpick make it the perfect watch pocket knife.

I don't know the name of my fave, and it has just gone missing. :(

It was about 3 1/2 inches OAL. It had a bright metal frame, small blade, smaller blade, bottle opener, and can opener. No tweezers or tooth pick. It was very useful and easy to carry. The Recruit seems the closest to it, except the Recruit has plastic scales, tooth pick, and tweezers.

I use the Money Clip the most. I have improved its usefulness by adding a real (cut) file to it.

I love the One Hand Trekker. It's my favourite. I know, it's a little big to settle in your pocket. but when a knife is needed...

Deluxe Tinker for me. I use it at work most days. I like having pliers in a knife that fits easily in my pocket.

SwissChamp...this knife has seen some good use as both a sportsmans knife, and as an archaeology field school knife. It has held up fine, and surprised a few people in the process (in regard to how capable it is).
030.jpg

Fieldmaster, it has been a faithful companion for over 25 years.

Fieldmaster.jpg

It is the lower left in this Vics vs. Jacks photo.

Vicsvsjacks.jpg

It has held up fine, and surprised a few people in the process (in regard to how capable it is).

So many people in a certain forum :p think that an EDC needs to be a really strong fixed blade, but for most people all their knife and tool needs could be met by the right SAK.
After EDCing my Cybertool 34 for 12 years and still using it on a regular basis I'd say that it is VERY capable as well as being NKP friendly and law enforcement friendly.
Of course for the average person the SAK will mostly be used for opening boxes, cutting string, screwdriving, bottle opening and other day to day tasks - there are so many uses for a SAK that it should be illegal to leave the house without one! (I'd be fine, I NEVER leave the house without a SAK on me)

Anyone that thinks a SAK isn't useful should buy a product in clamshell packaging and try to open it without any tools! I know that I have no trouble with clamshell packaging!

So many people in a certain forum think that an EDC needs to be a really strong fixed blade, but for most people all their knife and tool needs could be met by the right SAK.

Agreed.

My favorite SAK changes regularly, but I think most of the time my answer is: the alox Soldier.

After I lost the SAK that my parents gave me when I turned 10, I didn't have a SAK for years and the Friedrich Herder sodbuster was my only pocket knife. In 2002 I bought myself a new knife, which had to include multiple functions and had to be smaller than the sodbuster. So I went to an outdoor store and saw a display full of Victorinox SAKs. There I saw a Victorinox Soldier, it was the only alox SAK that I saw in the display and I figured that a SAK that's totally made of steel must be really strong and last forever. For the next 7 years, I carried it as my EDC knife and took it with me on hiking and camping trips. It's still in great condition.

I use my Compact the most. Used the Compact way more than I expected a few weeks ago while off-road motorcycle camping in VT. The blade was used mostly for food prep and package opening, the multi-tool was borrowed to reach an idle-air mixture screw on a carburator, the corkscrew opened a bottle of my Mothers incredible Cabernet/black currant mead blend, and...the biggest surprise was the parcel hook being the perfect retrieval method for the campfire coffee percolator. My Farmer stayed in my backpack *gasp!*

Back