What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this week. Crummy pic but my health is crap right now.

An 88LH and a Scrim 505.
Very appropriate for your state. At the rate you're going, your Schrade collection is growing rapidly.
PS, get better soon. :thumbup:

Schrade Walden pattern 182. Used, but not abused. Looks to be 1950's. No cracks, rust, dings, or over sharpening.
Blade stamp says = Schrade
Walden
NY
Black celluloid with brass pins. Got it for $10 bucks at a sidewalk sale. :thumbup:

We are getting ready for a storm to hit so I have time off from work. I picked this LB8 off the bay a while back but haven't posted before and after pictures. The knife was quite beat up and sold as "the blade doesn't lock when out". The first picture shows that it was dropped or used as a hammer and the metal would not allow the locking bar to come back up (the picture was after I filed off the nickel silver). It locks fine now but has no snap when closing. More work later to fix that problem.

After

Ed, that is not a new knife, I can see you have just cleaned it up. LOL.
Perfect job, go to the head of the Class... Ken

We are getting ready for a storm to hit so I have time off from work. I picked this LB8 off the bay a while back but haven't posted before and after pictures. The knife was quite beat up and sold as "the blade doesn't lock when out". The first picture shows that it was dropped or used as a hammer and the metal would not allow the locking bar to come back up (the picture was after I filed off the nickel silver). It locks fine now but has no snap when closing. More work later to fix that problem.

A knife well worth saving, Good Job! :thumbup:

Just arrived.....
Schrade%20Walden%208OT%20Stockman_zpsjhzkcyva.jpg

Any way to date this one closer than pre '73?? It looks like the one my Dad gave me in the mid to late 60's but I haven't seen my orig in 10+ years because it was lost in the wildfire of '06.

SW%20detail_zps8xpinayw.jpg

It's unsharpened, was listed as NOS (no box) and marked 8OT on the back of the main. Also has a curious color "inclusion" in the delrin....
Delrin%20inclusion_zpsn2mp7oa1.jpg

I looked at it with a 7X loupe and it's in the delrin, has polish marks over it.

Any info/help would be appreciated! :thumbup:

Just arrived.....
It's unsharpened, was listed as NOS (no box) and marked 8OT on the back of the main.
That is a nice 8OT.

All of my late 60's and early 70's 8OTs came in a Plastic Tubes.
I have some early 1960's 8OTs, they came in a box like this one.
The knife below is a 1961-63 Old Timer, it came in a wooden box - I do not have the correct box.
medium

Last edited:
Lol. Thanks man. :thumbup:
How about this 6OT in Blue Bone. This is an unfinished Special Order, that Schrade was working on, in 2003.
medium

This is an almost finished set.
medium

All I need to finish off my set, is one of these to finish it off.

medium

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Show Off^^^^^. :D. Very nice. Love that blue too. :thumbup: I'm on the look out for a decent 18ot. I gifted a coworker mine and now I miss it.:D

Last edited:
That is a nice 8OT.

All of my late 60's and early 70's 8OTs came in a Plastic Tubes.
I have some early 1960's 8OTs, they came in a box like this one.
The knife below is a 1961-63 Old Timer, it came in a wooden box - I do not have the correct box.
medium

Thank you koldgold! Yours is a real beauty!!! My blade looks like that one but the delrin looks a little different. Do you think mine is in the 61-63 range?

My blade looks like that one but the delrin looks a little different. Do you think mine is in the 61-63 range?
To answer your question in one word, NO. The knife above has Saw-Cut Bone scales - Not Delrin.

I have tried to date Schrade 8OT knives many times.
I have asked the same question many times, on A.A.P.N. and Blade Forums, with NO HELP.
I do know:
The first 8OTs sold from 1961 to 63, and came in a wooden box - and had Saw-cut Bone Scales.
Between 1963 and 1973 it is very hard to date an 8OT.
The early 8OTs came in hinged Boxes, like the one above and later a brown hinged box.
The early 1970 to 73 knives were sold in plastic tubes.
Schrade also sold their knives in bulk boxes containing 12 knives.
I have an 8OT with a 1969 blade etch, it is very easy to date...
I have all of the 8OTs, Schrade made from 1961 up to 6 knives that were delivered to a hardware shop, in January 2004... Ken

This is an original 1961-63 Schrade 8OT in the original wooden box.
medium

Last edited:
LOL, no wonder your "Delrin" looked better than mine! ;)

Thank you Ken!! That was a excellent answer! :thumbup: :thumbup: So without the box '63-'73 is about as close as we'll get! That's ok, it put's it right in the range of my original 8OT! :D:D:D

I can date these two 935 John Primble knives (8OTs), the envelop they came in shows:
The shop they came from, the sellers name, the price ($4.47) and also dated January 1973.
medium

These could be pre, 1970.:confused:
medium

The other question I would like to clear up, is:
Did Schrade make the blades for the 8OT, with the match-strike-pull.
I know Schrade had some 8OT blades made by Camillus.

These Pre. 1970 Schrade 880 and 881 knives have the Match-strike-pull.
medium

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back