What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coupla Trappers 96/97 OT's

IMG_20161103_162503263_HDR_zpsyyx5ua8k.jpg

Nice looking knives. I've always liked the Buzzsaw but have never found much use for the steel toothpick.

Nice looking knives. I've always liked the Buzzsaw but have never found much use for the steel toothpick.
This knife with the Buzzsaw, was listed in the 2004 Schrade Catalogs.
I do not know if Schrade sold any of them. However, they do show up from time to time for sale... Ken
medium

I've always liked that knife Ken, an OT blade and a UH handle. I have a example of both versions of the 97OT that Herman fixed up for me as well as a 96OT and the 225OT. One of my favorites is a TRT96 that he rejigged the original handles in the old peach seed style.

97OT

97OT

96OT

225OT

TRT96

My latest two off the bay , a Uncle Henry LB-5 and an Old Timer 6OT. This is an after TLC picture. The Old Timer was badly sharpened and I stopped sharpening it because I didn't want to take off too much metal.

Not the oldest in my Schrade collection but the most sentimental. It was given to my Pop who was a Aussie POW in Changi by a Japanese Guard who said he stole it from a captured American marine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My latest: Just waiting for my Mail Call. Any ideas on Dates for the Heritage Line? What H070 means? It's an LB7. Unknown if serialized on the bolster.

It has been almost four years since I posted anything. I've lurked around, but haven't really felt like I had anything of substance to contribute. I couldn't help posting this one. Got it on a BIN almost as soon as it was listed for less than $50. Three baths with hot water, Dawn dish liquid and a scrub with an old tooth brush followed by two weeks of soaking in mineral oil and lastly an hour and a half with a rag and some Flitz yielded this:

Hope you all get a kick out of this.

It has been almost four years since I posted anything. I've lurked around, but haven't really felt like I had anything of substance to contribute. I couldn't help posting this one. Got it on a BIN almost as soon as it was listed for less than $50. Three baths with hot water, Dawn dish liquid and a scrub with an old tooth brush followed by two weeks of soaking in mineral oil and lastly an hour and a half with a rag and some Flitz yielded this:

Hope you all get a kick out of this.
I am pretty sure I saw that one; if so, you did some magic. Good job! :thumbup:

What a great post after a four year hiatus.
I'm often amazed at what one can bring out in an otherwise forgotten and discarded knife with a little time and patience.
Those bone covers are amazing!
Rare find and great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is always good to see another 8OT with bone scales, your hard work has been worth the effort.
I had to sell my first 8OT with the bone scales, [below] to buy my present 8OT. KG.
medium

I ordered another Sharpfinger from the auction site for my wife. It's a later USA version. When it comes in, I'll share photos of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back