What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot locate the other MAC LB7 I have. I guess I have an extremely rare Friday knife. Anyone can save my picture of my truly one of a kind knife, if you like. Delmas2nd, thank you for pointing out what I didn't notice.

you are most welcome. that is what is fun about collecting Schrade, you just never know what anomaly you will find and where it will lead you. thanks for looking Ken. anyone else look?

I just scored my third Parker-Frost Bison (bone handled 881) in brown bone. I already had the green bone and the red bone, and this completes the set of three for me. These are beautifully made USA Schrades from 1978, and one of the best values in a USA bone handled large stockman. Didn't get the box with this one, but got it for a very reasonable price.

3d2276e3-3661-40ea-b612-4bba56cd84cb_zpsl73k5jxc.jpg~original

6c60896a-9bf2-4e69-9d03-7ad54be62c64_zpskqkcjrz7.jpg~original

I received this old Schrade as a gift today from a guy here in town that owns a trading post. I go in on occasion and talk knives with him. I was pleasantly surprised when he opened one of his big ol safes and said "I got something for you". He was a bit confused on the date I believe, he said it was made in the 50s. I think probably the 70s. But I didn't argue with him being my elder and all. :) I apologize for the bad lighting.

_20170403_215608_zpss7i0aiho.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

love those butter and molasses knives. The stamping definitely puts it after 1973 when they dropped the "Walden".

I recently picked up this Schrade LB7. It was described by the dealer as "a Schrade + USA LB7 Uncle Henry Custom Stag Bear Paw Lockback with file work" I don't really know anything about the knife. I like the Stag covers which are even side to side and I like the file work. It didn't come with a sheath so I ordered a correct one off the bay. I mentioned the Stag covers being even side to side but I think the coloring, figure, and overall appearance are really nice. Can anyone give me the manufacturing date?

Is this truly a Custom Knife or did knives like this come from the factory with stag covers and file work?

oHIKgOq.jpg

PXI3Cul.jpg

R6nHnBo.jpg

LHyEGb5.jpg

I just scored my third Parker-Frost Bison (bone handled 881) in brown bone. I already had the green bone and the red bone, and this completes the set of three for me. These are beautifully made USA Schrades from 1978, and one of the best values in a USA bone handled large stockman. Didn't get the box with this one, but got it for a very reasonable price.

3d2276e3-3661-40ea-b612-4bba56cd84cb_zpsl73k5jxc.jpg~original

6c60896a-9bf2-4e69-9d03-7ad54be62c64_zpskqkcjrz7.jpg~original

No other word but ""Outstanding" can describe that knife Jeff. Very, very nice.

Really nice custom LB7 ED. Check out the LB7 thread regarding serialization.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/457058-LB7-Bear-Paw-LB-Survey

I recently picked up this Schrade LB7. It was described by the dealer as "a Schrade + USA LB7 Uncle Henry Custom Stag Bear Paw Lockback with file work" I don't really know anything about the knife. I like the Stag covers which are even side to side and I like the file work. It didn't come with a sheath so I ordered a correct one off the bay. I mentioned the Stag covers being even side to side but I think the coloring, figure, and overall appearance are really nice. Can anyone give me the manufacturing date?

Is this truly a Custom Knife or did knives like this come from the factory with stag covers and file work?

oHIKgOq.jpg

PXI3Cul.jpg

R6nHnBo.jpg

LHyEGb5.jpg

This one is outside my normal mode of Schrade collecting, but it popped into my e-mail at a BuyItNow that seemed very reasonable to me. Plus I like the look and shape of these knives. Also, it has the box and paperwork. Now the only question unanswered... to carry or not to carry?

Attachments

• P4132586.jpg
    P4132586.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 22
No other word but ""Outstanding" can describe that knife Jeff. Very, very nice.

Thanks, ED, much appreciated! I just picked up another 881 from the late 70's, in jigged delrin. Blades are a little scratched up, but full and unsharpened. I suspect it had a little rust from laying around and the owner used an abrasive to remove it. Makes a great user.

535b7063-9a84-4cac-aeb6-976e1034fef3_zpsqywvd4gm.jpg~original

Nothing wrong with actually using one of these old Schade knives. After all, that's what they were made for. :cool:

Absolutely right, Ballenxj, that's why I keep picking them up; you can never have too many good stockmen.
Today I added this 1983 8OT green smooth bone, in very nice condition. It's really more of a motor oil color, with browns, grays and greens.

117ebd17-8561-4d54-9e9e-1d6c45c8c5df_zps9j9nfzlr.jpg~original

d82b1e5d-c3ee-4968-ab3e-70acc49855aa_zpspbzmtn0y.jpg~original

Been a bit since I've been on. I just got a LB7 Limited Edition Ducks Unlimited in yesterday. It's one I have never seen & am looking for any information. It actually has a gold Plated stainless steel blade, brass handles, stainless steel back spring & wood handles with the Ducks Unlimited shield.

Unfortunately, I am having issues with being able to Login into Photobucket; not the only one. From desktop & even my phone. Any other sites that will work?

With the updated site if I use Facebook to login would I be able to transfer my photos from there onto Bladeforums?

Just snagged a near-mint 165UH. Schrade+ stainless with sheath. These are such beautiful knives!

36d9fd1e-3f82-49b2-9ed6-da9107961f24_zpsske1e6hl.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back