1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Codger_64, Aug 20, 2012.

1. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Cannot locate the other MAC LB7 I have. I guess I have an extremely rare Friday knife. Anyone can save my picture of my truly one of a kind knife, if you like. Delmas2nd, thank you for pointing out what I didn't notice.

2. delmas2nd

delmas2nd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2008
    you are most welcome. that is what is fun about collecting Schrade, you just never know what anomaly you will find and where it will lead you. thanks for looking Ken. anyone else look?

3. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    late 1950s 895 open stock, bone.
    View attachment 694679
    Well, I can't figure out how to just include a pic. :confused:

4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I just scored my third Parker-Frost Bison (bone handled 881) in brown bone. I already had the green bone and the red bone, and this completes the set of three for me. These are beautifully made USA Schrades from 1978, and one of the best values in a USA bone handled large stockman. Didn't get the box with this one, but got it for a very reasonable price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GasMan1

GasMan1 Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2015
    I received this old Schrade as a gift today from a guy here in town that owns a trading post. I go in on occasion and talk knives with him. I was pleasantly surprised when he opened one of his big ol safes and said "I got something for you". He was a bit confused on the date I believe, he said it was made in the 50s. I think probably the 70s. But I didn't argue with him being my elder and all. :) I apologize for the bad lighting.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. delmas2nd

delmas2nd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2008
    love those butter and molasses knives. The stamping definitely puts it after 1973 when they dropped the "Walden".

7. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I recently picked up this Schrade LB7. It was described by the dealer as "a Schrade + USA LB7 Uncle Henry Custom Stag Bear Paw Lockback with file work" I don't really know anything about the knife. I like the Stag covers which are even side to side and I like the file work. It didn't come with a sheath so I ordered a correct one off the bay. I mentioned the Stag covers being even side to side but I think the coloring, figure, and overall appearance are really nice. Can anyone give me the manufacturing date?

Is this truly a Custom Knife or did knives like this come from the factory with stag covers and file work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    No other word but ""Outstanding" can describe that knife Jeff. Very, very nice.

9. FatCity67

FatCity67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Really nice custom LB7 ED. Check out the LB7 thread regarding serialization.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/457058-LB7-Bear-Paw-LB-Survey

10. Motey

Motey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2011
    This one is outside my normal mode of Schrade collecting, but it popped into my e-mail at a BuyItNow that seemed very reasonable to me. Plus I like the look and shape of these knives. Also, it has the box and paperwork. Now the only question unanswered... to carry or not to carry?

Attached Files:

11. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, ED, much appreciated! I just picked up another 881 from the late 70's, in jigged delrin. Blades are a little scratched up, but full and unsharpened. I suspect it had a little rust from laying around and the owner used an abrasive to remove it. Makes a great user.

[​IMG]

12. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    Nothing wrong with actually using one of these old Schade knives. After all, that's what they were made for. :cool:

13. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Absolutely right, Ballenxj, that's why I keep picking them up; you can never have too many good stockmen.
    Today I added this 1983 8OT green smooth bone, in very nice condition. It's really more of a motor oil color, with browns, grays and greens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. FatCity67

FatCity67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Ay caramba that's a nice Heritage mamba.

15. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, FC, much appreciated!