Where do you buy your Busses?

I am pretty new here so I don't know too much. Where do you guys buy your Busses? It can't be the website because everything is no longer available. Is it Blade Show? Is it Knob Creek? But that is another question in itself. What is Knob Creek? Where is it?

I am pretty new here so I don't know too much. Where do you guys buy your Busses? It can't be the website because everything is no longer available. Is it Blade Show? Is it Knob Creek? But that is another question in itself. What is Knob Creek? Where is it?
I got mine off eBay and Facebook there is page on there for just busse swamp rat sykco knives it's a buy sale or trade page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am new to Busse Combat as well. Their website doesn't offer much information on how the process works. Typically, they (Busse) will announce a group of knives that will be available and allow you to order during a two week period. After that two week period they stop taking orders. It then takes months for them to build and deliver. Typically, they offer new models each year essentially discontinuing the previous models. On occasion they may offer a LE "Limited Edition" version of a previous model.

Otherwise you can always buy them from other members on the exchange.

Knob Creek is a huge machine gun shoot in the outskirts of Louisville,ky. There is a large gun show associated with it. Happens twice a year Google knob creek gun range and you will find their site. Busse had a table or three there for years, but didn't go the last few times. It's a large event.

Over the years, mostly at Blade or through Busse directly. Some from the Hogs.

Patience helps. Have not paid an inflated price ... but have shelled out for some very early blades.

I buy from Busse, on here and sometimes locally second hand. I don't mess with anywhere else.

I've purchased almost all of my Busses directly from Busse or from the long-defunct (and sorely missed) Busse Company Store. For the direct-from-Busse blades, most have been ordered from the website, but a significant minority have been offered on this forum through "Ganzaaas" (basically an online free for all where a few knives are offered on a first-come-first-served basis). I've bought maybe half a dozen off the Exchange, but tat's just a drop in the buclet.

Busse's been playing catch-up for the past year after offering one or more new knives per week in "Operation Two Weeks" (a/k/a "O2W"). They still have 10 varieties from O2W that were ordered about a year ago and that they haven't started charging people's credit cards for yet. Jerry has said that they'll be back with O2W Part 2, but when is a little murky. They'll probably be finishing up with the O2W Part 1 blades sometime after the Blade show (June 2-4 in Atlanta), and then we'll probably start seeing new models available on the Busse website and maybe on this forum.

In the meantime, there are lots of things avaiable here on the Exchange. Most asking prices will be a bit higher than the original release price, but histoically most Busse knives have appreciated, and even used ones will often sell for more than their original price. With the flood of new models in OTW (and people maybe buying more than they otherwise would have), the aftermarket is still relatively depressed, and prices on a lot of things are relatively low right now compared to what they have been in the past.

Prices on eBay are typically higher than what you'll find on the Exchange.

Last edited:
I bought one from Axelson Tactical, one from a seller on eBay, and three from sellers on the exchange. I'm going to Blade Show for the first time in a couple months, so I'll be getting a couple direct from Busse as well.

When offered, I and many others, order directly from Busse's website.

You missed out on "Operation 2 Weeks," where a new blade or two was presented every Wednesday or so.

When Busse does not have a current lineup, the Exchange here is a great place to buy them. That's where I buy. It's nice b/c you can find deals on long since discontinued blades as well as the newer stuff too. One of my treasured Busse blades called the "Son of Badger (SOB)" was found there. It is something that I carry most every day. I would not have been able to buy that from Busse direct for example.

You can still buy a Swamp Rat off their site; I think they have 5 models available. They are EXCELLENT blades, you get the same lifetime warranty direct from Busse and made from the same SR-101 steel that most Busse's are now made with. Here's a link:

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/knives/

We have a member who ordered a Ratmandu in February and he had it on his doorstep in 2 weeks:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1473938-Ordered-a-Ratmandu!

I buy from the old school Hogs that have all the good stuff hidden away.
Guys like Cobalt, Skunk, Lil'Foo, TonyG, etc, etc.
Stick around and figure out what you like and or want and ask some of the old guard for help.
Me, well I'm still just a piglet but can offer a little guidance in rare cases.
You are off to a great start as you found this place and it doesn't get any better than here.

I've gotten most of mine from direct from Busse/Kin or the exchange here. I have had some success posting in the Wanted to Buy section too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BF and ebay
675x6c.jpg

From official Bussekin websites only. And that's why I don't have any new Bussekin blades lately :( .

I think the best place is: Right here on BF Exchange...

I think the most fun place was/is: Ganzaas

Most of mine come from the exchange. Also from Busse direct and the bay. Even bought one from Knifehunter that I just couldn't live without. I look at ACK often but have never done business there, though I would but have never seen a blade at a price there I really "needed" haha lol! And after reading this thread I'm definitely checking out the FB exchange thing that sounds cool!

I always post on the FB groups as well as here. You tend to find some people that are there that aren't on the forum here

A Unicorn delivers my Busses right to the front door. Even knocks on the door and everything. Dang Unicorn has horseshoes made out of INFI too. Saw it with my own eyes. But I purchase them here or new from Busse. Never heard of FB thing y'all talk about, never really searched that auction site much but have looked. LK is just a provider of cool knife pics IMO because I won't buy from him but I do look. So my options are limited to here and I like that.

Last edited:
Back