Where is everyone buying from?

Link handles are about all I can find in local hardware stores down here in NZ.
I would not order one online due to them being very hit and miss. ( i know they are hit and miss as I look at whats on the shelf in person and generally maybe 2 out of 10 I would class as "ok"). some are also excellent. The last one I got is about as good as it can get I think.

Lucky for you, Quinton, living in shagbark hickory country. I have a few black locust staves drying but that's probably as good as I'm gonna find around here. And BTW - I have a plan for that fine stave you sent me. I'm gonna try to do a knob end haft for a small Walters full size.
That will be very appropriate for that Walters.. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

I live in the head of a holler, in a holler in Eastern,Ky.. I cant throw a rock without hitting a hickory. Scaly bark,bitternut and pignut by the droves..Need to down one and stave it up for blanks
There's probably a 175 5/8" 10 point buck with split brows behind everyone of them hickory trees. They are in this Eastern Kentucky holler anyway.;)

There's probably a 175 5/8" 10 point buck with split brows behind everyone of them hickory trees. They are in this Eastern Kentucky holler anyway.;)
LOL, yes sir. Their was one anyway;)..In fact he dropped by the base of a big slick bark.

Living in Canada, the exchange rate is a killer. I have had great success with House Handles, but recommend you opt for the hand picked handles. The results have not been great when I don't do this. I order from Home Hardware now, as they have a decent catalog, and I can buy in Canadian dollars. Rona, Home Depot and Canadian Tire are hit and miss. I have had some success with eBay, but again, the exchange rate.

Thanks for all the comments. I think I'll go with TH for this order. Seems to be popular. I need a lot of random handles for things like garden tools, not just axes. I also pick through the hardware store every time I get a chance. It's usually slim pickins but occasionally I get lucky with small stuff for a hatchet or hammer. I need to really get on this ordering thing. Between the stuff from last fall I never did over the winter, and yard sale season coming up...

I have a couple things coming up and going to need hafts for everything from hammers to axes to old rakes and various things.

I do not mean to stir any pots or cause drama. Just simply looking to learn where the community is buying from. Rather than saying "I've had nothing but bad luck or been disappointed with xxx", can you let me know who you have bought from that you would be confident the quality will be the same for your next order? Thanks.

Hi
I have purchased many, many handles from House Handle. I pay extra for straight grained, octagon no lacquered handles. I just wish House Handle would make the neck a 1/2 in to 1 in
longer and a bit slimmer. However, I just sand the handle to the required dimensions with my small belt sander.

Also check out Bowman Handles. They are a much better proportioned and beautiful than House Handle when you order straight grained, octagon and no lacquer. BUT.....you will pay more!

Go the internet and both of these companies are there.

ripswhin

I,m gonna say it only because it's true . I ordered a handle from Beaver Tooth 3 weeks ago . And after 3 emails not so much as a reply .

Beaver Tooth just baldly cheated me. Sent me an eye size 'WAY smaller than I ordered, and now they say "You got what you ordered". I may pay them a visit with my useless handle--I hope they have Vaseline.

Back