Where to get Stellite?

Trace,
Try the following:
http://www.stellite.com

You can also do a search on the archives on this forum and there was a blurp about 2 years ago where they were looking to really get into the custom knife market.

Talonite is of the Stellite "family" as well, its just a marketing term. For it, call Carbide Processors and ask for Wendy at 1-800-346-8274 to order. The stuff is a little pricey but quite a few folks think it is worth every penny.

C Wilkins

Thanks for the info.. CJ after looking back on the order I only need one piece 1.5"x9"x3/16", the rest he wants in Talonite.
I have used Talonite since it hit the scene, but I have never made anything from Stellite.
Thanks.

Trace.

I have 2 bars in stock that are close to your dimensions. 1 is 20 inches long and the other is 14 inches long. I just bought them to have on hand for future use. They are 1.5+ wide, kinda tappered from 1.5 to 1.8. .170 to .180 thick. I gave the guy $300.00 for the 2 bars. The bars weigh 2lbs. 14 oz. Total. If I divide it by length it comes out to a little under $9.00 an inch. So for like $90.00 plus shipping I could send you a piece. If this doesn't fit the bill I can put you in contact with someone who doesn't have a computor but has Stellite!
wink.gif

Hey CJ can you send me an E-mail I think that should work. I tried to E you, but havent heard back.. thrblade@pe.net

Thanks again
Trace.

Back