Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

@ ChazzyP

The 800's are truly one of my favorite models..there is something about those simple, well made liner locks..a little slimmer..a little lighter, that I love..carry a -1001 regularly. and was lucky enough to score an 800M2HSS (never sharpened) from a former BM employee.

@ ChazzyP

The 800's are truly one of my favorite models..there is something about those simple, well made liner locks..a little slimmer..a little lighter, that I love..carry a -1001 regularly. and was lucky enough to score an 800M2HSS (never sharpened) from a former BM employee.

Really nice bunch, Icky. Is the -1001 you mentioned the black bladed M4 model? The middle knife in the top pic is an -1101 in M390, no? While I might give up my eye-teeth (if I still had 'em o_O) for one of those, I would have a hard time justifying laying out the $350 that they seem to go for these days. I spend a lot more on other knives--I guess it's just the idea of paying such a premium that's stopping me.

I love big folders that carry slim--AFCK, Military, 710, Shiro 111--and an -1101 would spend a pretty fair amount of time in my pocket.

dtqliy9.jpg

Agreed; the original 800HS and it's brother, the 800 (in ATS-34) remain among the best slicers in the stable. My 800 is barely used, the HS version is NIB, a gift from a friend.

Beautiful blades, jkarp_53 :thumbsup:

ChazzyP . .the 800SBK-1001 is in M390...It was a Shot Show exclusive ...I have a plain edge safe queen as well.

Nice trio!

I had a NIB 806-901 (M4)..foolishly sold..I'd like to have that one back.

Oh..ChazzyP . .yes, the 1101 is indeed M390..

I love the big folder that carry small as well..big fan of the Military . .That Shiro looks really nice..may have to try one of those..what steel is that in?

Oh..ChazzyP . .yes, the 1101 is indeed M390..

I love the big folder that carry small as well..big fan of the Military . .That Shiro looks really nice..may have to try one of those..what steel is that in?

Yeah, the Millie is a great knife. I have that one and a digi-cam with black blade as well as a satin-bladed black G10 model I got for my son which he loves and beats the crap out of.

The Shiro is the 111 (mm=4.37") in M390. I have mine re-profiled to 15 dps with a 20 dps micro-bevel and it's one damn big slicing machine. My CF version's weight isn't bad for its size at 5.7 oz, and while it takes up a pretty fair amount of pocket vertically, its thin butt is easy to get past. The palm swell fits my old arthritic carpenter's mitts just super.

There's more than a little similarity here...

OdsynlH.jpg

fVaZJic.jpg

cca7ef8cc1177ab06847740bc392415e.jpg

Isn't fancy ... but makes me feel just as warm as my coffee to have with me lol !

Love this knife !

TGIF !!! Have a safe and happy 4th weekend !

Last edited:
Just picked up a Micarta/S30V 319 Proper. Great little knife. Great grind, nice and sharp. And easy to carry! :thumbsup:

Front pocket: 9500 Rift
Back pocket: 490 Arcane
Horizontal sheath, small of
the back: 477 Emissary

Back