Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

CDCfBCc.jpg

Off-topic...What's the deal with Photobucket? Looks like a big change, any of you have advice on accessing my years worth of photos?
I really miss being able to see your pics, Joe. You've posted so many shots of great knives here at BF and all yours and those of so many others are just gone from here, replaced by photobucket's stupid icon/message/post-it/whatever. Lots of great threads wrecked. :(

Photobucket has really put the wood to their users with their exorbitant price demands. Who's gonna pay 4 bills a year for third party sharing? I think they've probably just committed financial suicide. Die, A-holes! :mad:

Anyway, I use imgur but always made sure that I have my pics either on my laptop or iPad, not just at some third-party site or on the cloud. Remote storage drives are easy too.

If you can still access your pics you should get them over into a file on your computer. I can drag my imgur pics into Photos (formerly iPhoto) on my mac and they show up there as .jpg's. I also have a couple picture files on my mac and I can drag imgur images (boy does that make spell-check go nuts) right into those and they come up as .jpgs (not links) there too.

Not sure how photobucket works, but maybe that'll help.

--Steve

Last edited:
I really miss being able to see your pics, Joe. You've posted so many shots of great knives here at BF and all yours and those of so many others are just gone from here, replaced by photobucket's stupid icon/message/post-it/whatever. Lots of great threads wrecked. :(

Photobucket has really put the wood to their users with their exorbitant price demands. Who's gonna pay 4 bills a year for third party sharing? I think they've probably just committed financial suicide. Die, A-holes! :mad:

Anyway, I use imgur but always made sure that I have my pics either on my laptop or iPad, not just at some third-party site or on the cloud. Remote storage drives are easy too.

If you can still access your pics you should get them over into a file on your computer. I can drag my imgur pics into Photos (formerly iPhoto) on my mac and they show up there as .jpg's. I also have a couple picture files on my mac and I can drag imgur images (boy does that make spell-check go nuts) right into those and they come up as .jpgs (not links) there too.

Not sure how photobucket works, but maybe that'll help.

--Steve

Thanks Steve, here's PB's response to my email. I'll figure something out. Looks like while I can log in to my 'Free' account, there's no real way to access more than ten years of awesome vacations and hard to find Benchmade knives...

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately as stated in our Terms of Service, only the Plus 500 allows 3rd party hosting. Due to this, we have disabled linking for your account. This subscription is the only option for off-site photo hosting at this time.

While your account is restricted from linking images out to 3rd party websites, you are still able to access all of your images when you log into your account.

If you wish to upgrade to a Plus 500 account, click here. Once you've completed your purchase, please clear your browser's cache and cookies to update your pages.

Please click here to review the latest changes at Photobucket.

Thank you.

Thanks Steve, here's PB's response to my email. I'll figure something out. Looks like while I can log in to my 'Free' account, there's no real way to access more than ten years of awesome vacations and hard to find Benchmade knives...

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately as stated in our Terms of Service, only the Plus 500 allows 3rd party hosting. Due to this, we have disabled linking for your account. This subscription is the only option for off-site photo hosting at this time.

While your account is restricted from linking images out to 3rd party websites, you are still able to access all of your images when you log into your account.

If you wish to upgrade to a Plus 500 account, click here. Once you've completed your purchase, please clear your browser's cache and cookies to update your pages.

Please click here to review the latest changes at Photobucket.

Thank you.
I went over to photof**kit to see if I could get images from their "recent uploads" over to my computer. What an annoying site with all the ads, pop-ups, hidden windows, and other BS! I was able to drag a couple pics both into mac's Photos app and into one of my picture files and they came over as .jpgs. It would probably take an evening or two to drag everything over if you don't already have your stuff on your computer, but it would seem to be worth the effort to save your pics.

I've been very happy with imgur so far--easy to use, zero cost, very little advertising, and no pop-ups. Of course, who knows when they may be struck by madness as well. :confused:

There are a few threads on BF regarding this mess, so maybe there's some helpful advice somewhere here. I hate seeing all the wrecked threads, and it's a mostly insurmountable task for members to go back and change out all their pics. Seems we're caught in a perfect storm of greed and stupidity.

581 Barrage today. I've made a number of subtle mods to this one--de-assisting; removing the backspacer/locking mechanism and installing stand-offs; and changing out the bolster screws and thumb studs to black. This one was medium off-center when it came to me off the Exchange and I've gotten that squared away and a wicked keen edge on the M390. The action on this knife is superb--it's super smooth and free-drops disengaging even with thumb only. I really oughta carry this baby more often! :cool:

dxejuPC.jpg

ifleMpq.jpg

Thanks to BMK CS for the screws, thumb studs, and the fresh Parkerized split arrow clip--all comped as usual. You guys rock! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
IMG_2660.JPG Whatta great knife Steve!! I love mine and the smaller version, 586, is also wonderful!!

Carrying the Foray today and each time I carry this knife I like it even more!
BM did an amazing job with the 20cv on this one! Only needs a little stropping to bring the edge back to screaming sharp!! Excellent in hand also!
Kinda hand filling like the 586.
Great knife........I seem to say that a lot when speaking of my BMs!!
Joe

Back