Votes: 3 42.9%
  • CPM 3V tool steel

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • CPM 154 stainless steel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adventure Sworn

Bushcraft Co. | Cody
Hey guys, just checking to see which blade steel(s) you're most interested in if you were to purchase an Adventure Sworn knife. If it helps your decision, our knives are primarily designed for wilderness use, and are available in scandi or convex grinds, and a variety of thicknesses. Solid, honest information from a knowledgeable crowd helps out geeky knifemakers like myself. :thumbup:

I'd love to hear why you've chosen the particular steel at hand, and/or for which model you would have chosen it for. Currently, the three steels listed are what we offer. If you're interested in seeing another steel, I'd love to hear why.

A couple examples of bushcraft knives this steel would be for
bushcraft-knife-sworn-3_0e33269b-16e0-4489-9171-74d1038ac9c4.jpg

bushcraft-knife-18.JPG

Thanks a ton!
Cody

Last edited:
Id go 3v as I have got a lot of similar blades in o1, I love 3v with its toughness and edge holding, seems a lot more stain resistant with less care than O1 as well

If you can reach the same level of polish/edge finish with 3v that you get with O1, it'll be fantastic. I went with O1 for my newly-ordered Mountaineer, but I will be watching closely to see how the new 3v knives turn out.

If you can reach the same level of polish/edge finish with 3v that you get with O1, it'll be fantastic. I went with O1 for my newly-ordered Mountaineer, but I will be watching closely to see how the new 3v knives turn out.

I think I'll be able to get the same finish, but I guess we'll find out soon. :)

Cody, that Ironwood Guide is simply gorgeous, we are going to order one next time they are offered. I would personally like to see several of your models be available in A2, the additional chromium has its benefits when compared to O1. There's good reasons to use it from a makers viewpoint as well.

Your new TW90 set-up is amazing, that surface grinder attachment was definitely the way to go over a stand alone surface grinder, for many reasons. Keep up the amazing work.

Cody, that Ironwood Guide is simply gorgeous, we are going to order one next time they are offered. I would personally like to see several of your models be available in A2, the additional chromium has its benefits when compared to O1. There's good reasons to use it from a makers viewpoint as well.

Your new TW90 set-up is amazing, that surface grinder attachment was definitely the way to go over a stand alone surface grinder, for many reasons. Keep up the amazing work.

I am strongly considering trying out some A2. My first ever knives were in A2 and I made the switch due to so many guys asking for O1 for bushcraft knives. I suppose we can have it as a fourth option!

Just recently got interested in bushcraft. The current order is only available in O1 or 3V. If I were to place an order, can I still ask for A2?

Back