Which Edge Grind?

• Scandi

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Convex

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Adventure Sworn

Bushcraft Co. | Cody
This poll is designed to help us get a better understanding as to which edge grind you would prefer for one of our knives. If it helps your decision, these are primarily bushcraft or wilderness-use knives, available in three steels (CPM 3V, CPM 154, O1) in a variety of blade thicknesses.

Scandi: Our short scandi grinds stay pretty true to the bevel being twice as tall as the thickness of the spine (4mm thick spine, 8mm deep bevel). We may round up just a tad (8.2mm deep bevel) to account for microbevels people may put on their scandi edges. Our scandi's are pretty close to a "true" entirely flat scandi. They remain flat all the way until the 600 grit, then we polish them with a wool felt belt with a bit of give to add the slightest convex touch.

Convex: Out convex grinds are all full-height, and relatively thinly ground. They are almost entirely flat with the last 5 to 10 percent of the edge blending as a convex grind to remove any shoulder. These do not have secondaries or microbevels, they are true "zero" convex grinds.

Would you prefer a certain grind for a certain model? I'd love to hear your opinion.

For example these are two of our custom Mountaineer models; the top has a convex grind, the bottom has a scandi
bushcraft-knife-sworn-18.jpg

The blade grind taper difference between a convex (top) and scandi (bottom)
bushcraft-knife-sworn-21.jpg

Thank you for your input!
Cody

Last edited:
Scandi without a doubt. I'll eventually get a convex, but when I think of a high-end scandi I think of AS.

When I think of the scandi grind I think puukko. I don't really care for the Woodlore design. But I've long been intrigued by your knives and eventually I'll be placing an order for a convex ground, 3V Tradesman.

Any consideration in a saber grind or a high convex instead of a full height convex? Just asking why only the two grinds?

Any consideration in a saber grind or a high convex instead of a full height convex? Just asking why only the two grinds?

These two grinds are the most popular for bushcraft (based on demand). We used to offer a flat grind with a scandi secondary, but it seemed to be more of a mediocre blend of a convex and scandi. Hollow grinds and/or s-grinds are not out of the question for the future (for hunting knives especially)

Back