Which knives were you into 10 years ago?

I bought my first knife four years ago (I'm a young'un) and it was a CRKT Pazoda 2. Tiny little thing. I was into random knives for a while just trying out budget blades. Followed the CRKT up with a Mini Tuff Lite and Meadowlark 2, then a Kershaw 3/4 Ton.

That was the rotation before I got bit by the blade bug and it's been a wild ride since.

Ten years ago I was just getting interested in modern folders. I carried either a BM Mini-Grip or a 950 Rift exclusively for about five years. Since then I have added "a few" BMs, Spydercos, ZTs, a Sebenza & a bunch of traditionals & fixed blades. There isn't a single one of them that I'd want to give up, but when I think about it, I could get by just fine right now with my first two choices. I could've saved myself a few thousand dollars, too.:)

Last edited:
This one.

IMG_6544ee.jpg

Same ones I'm "into" today: Traditionals.
Buck or Schrade lockbacks.
Slipjoints like the Stockman, Canoe, Barlow, etc.
4 Blade "Camp"/"Scout"/"Utility"/"Demo" knife.
I've never needed one hand opening, or the "latest and "greatest"" steel. In 55 plus years of carrying a knife pretty much every day, I have yet to have a need or even desire to stab some poor car, pickup, or van. The old Buck type lockback is plenty strong enough for skinning and butchering a deer, or any other realistic need. If I ever need anything stronger, I'll use a fixed blade.
For fixed blades, Mora, Buck, or an Ontario 488 fill the bill for me.
I don't batton my knives. I use the proper tool for the job. An axe, hatchet, or tomahawk always goes into the woods with me.

10 years ago the 2 knives I was carrying I lost, a custom Pat Crawford One hand Framelock the one AG Russell based his K87 on and a Maserin Spirit with Stamascus blade and ebony inlays. The Maserin was won in a giveaway back in the early days of BFC's history, I miss 'em both.

Today it's a Large Sebenza 21 with ebony inlays and an early, (1st gen) William Henry Pearl T10 Lancet.

pjyDInE.jpg

JKYtlGV.jpg

It's funny how our tastes and preferences change with time and experience.

A lot of new knife designs , companies and steels have emerged over the last decade.

Back in 2007 , my EDC's were a Spyderco Paramilitary 1 and a Benchmade HK Axis folder 14210.

I was into smaller designs then.

So which knives were you into 10 years ago?

Stockmans and Barlows and a Kershaw Speed safe,

Back