Whitetail Hunting season 2008/2009

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
This thread is for the upcoming hunting season. Post your hunting pics here. Also gear choices, guns, bows, muzzleloaders and of course, knives. I'd like to hear about your hunt.
Good luck, hunt safely and WEAR THAT SAFETY BELT IF YOU USE A TREESTAND!
Scott

Bow season open's up here this Saturday in Georgia. Dove season opened up last weekend and we had a blast. 20 acres of sunflowers and corn. I think we had 20 shooters and 90% limited out. Which is 15 this year. So even though deer season opens up this weekend thing I am going dove hunting Sat. Morning then bow hunting in the afternoon. It is just going to be hot I am afraid.

Bow season opens Mon. here in Maryland. Dove and squirrel opened Sept. 1st. I went dove hunting yesterday. I use a Remington Peerless O/U shotgun. The birds were flying, but no luck.
I'm looking forward to our early muzzleloader whichs opens Oct. 16th. My favorite time to be out. :thumbup:
Scott

I love this time of year... Season's changing, football starting, and of course Deer Season opening...

... course around my place squirrel season is year-round... just ask my dog Duke... ;)

Dukew_squirrel7-31-06004.jpg

Went out with a Bud on Friday Gator hunting.... Thats me behind the stick.

006-4.jpg

Recognize this knife, Scott? :thumbup:

DSC02537.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

No 10 footers to be found, but we did score on some 8 footers... It was a blast, but 38 hours with no sleep aint great... :D

Cool Pics. I got drawn for a gator tag here in georgia this year. Going to Lake Seminole next weekend. Took me 3 years of prioroty points to get drawn the 4th year finally. One question. I have only bought a harpoon set. Do not have a bow rig for my bow. You think the bow rig is that effective and worth the extra expense.

The harpoon is a good rig, we use it, as well as a crossbow and a bow. Instead of a bowfishing rig with a reel, we use a bowfishing shaft, attached to a 10' metal wire that we tie to a 5/8" diameter rope and to a buoy. Good Luck!

Early muzzleloader starts here in Maryland in less then 2 weeks. Just got back from sighting in my Knight Bighorn inline. 120 grains of Triple 7, 180 grain sabot. 2 inches high at 100 yds. and drops 3 1/2" at 200 yds. I've killed 28 deer in the last 7 years with this gun. Can't wait. :thumbup::D
Scott

Early muzzleloader starts here this saturday!! Hoping to kill a buck still hunting. I shoot a T/C black diamond with 100grs. of 777 and a 240 grain T/C saboted bullet.

Scott, what do you consider to be your best whitetail field dressing knife that you make? I would love to get a nice blade from a fellow deer hunter that has some real expierence. Thanks.

I'll be using a Mini Tusker this season. My favorite from years past is the Semi-Skinner Hunter.
Scott

Picture078.jpg

Got back from a few hunts recently, thought I'd post a few pics...

Was in NW Alberta (unit 359 crown land near Blueberry mountain) for 12 days bowhunting for Moose, saw lots of Little ones, but never filled my tag on a Big bull...

AlbertaSept2008021.jpg

Lots of huge rubs well over 6 feet high...

AlbertaSept2008095.jpg

There was sign everywhere, and lots of cows and Younguns, but never saw bullwinkle...

AlbertaSept2008076.jpg

Great fun was had, though, and I look forward to returning for moose again in 3 years.

Then it was off to Wyoming for Pronghorn on public land (unit 17 near Recluse)

Scored on a nice one... (hunter orange removed for Pics...)

WY2008AntelopeHunt004.jpg

WY2008AntelopeHunt008.jpg

Caping out the head... Hey Scott, recognize this shirt???

WY2008AntelopeHunt027.jpg

Its back to Alberta for Whitetail in November... (near the Brazu Dam)

Awesome pics! :thumbup: Nice looking antelope you got also. I like the shirt. :D
I hope to have some whitetail hunting pics next week.
Scott

Back