Whitetail Hunting season 2008/2009

I have two new knives to try as soon as I kill another. My PSK, and a BRKT fingerling hunter. Its going to be tough retireing my Buck pathfinder!

Buck makes some great hunting knives. I have all of the phenolic black handle knives in my Buck collection. The older 440C knives. My favorite is the caper and skinner patterns.
Scott

Shot a decent buck this morning. I actually had gotton off my stand and was walking out and caught him crossing a cotton field. Leaving this afternoon to camp out and hunt a old farm that only get a little pressure a few times a year.

Then, there's always next time out. :D I'm going to get out the end of the week to bow hunt. The rut is really heating up around here. Bucks are getting stupid.
Scott

I am going for another big woods rifle hunt again this weekend. Shotgun opens in my area in a couple of weeks. I will be able to do more hunting then, won't have to travel.

Scott sorry no pics but I used my mini tusker on 2 deer this weekend. Did a great job. Still will shave the hair of your arm.

I really liked it. The handle and tip together combined for a real comfortable hold. Me and a buddy actually cleaned four deer this weekend together. I loned him a marble skinner i have had for years and I really like. He tried out he mini-tusker also I think he might be sold also. On other thing is the heft of the blade I think makes poping out hip joint pretty easy. In cleaning the four deer we never used a bone saw. I would have to say so far I think I am sold on the mini-tusker. Also i think the deer here in Ga are about to start rutting hard pretty soon. We killed two bucks this weekend. One showed no signs of rutting the other had dark hocks and swollen neck. Doe was killed and she had wet hocks and looked to be comming into heat. Good luck this weekend
Scott and all. I plan to find me a nice high spot this weekend over a good field and clearcut edge. Figure to catch a buck running a doe between bedding and feeding are.

No luck so far bowhunting. Kicked up 3 doe walking in last Sat. I'm hitting the woods again this week. Temps have dropped. Hopefully deer movement will be up.
Scott

We are in the middle of rifle season here. Ours runs from Sept 15 to Jan 10. Lots of guys reporting bucks runnig does pretty hard. Hope to connect my self this weekend. Plan on hunting close to a big field and clear cut hope to catch a buck runnig does.

Pretty good here in GA. We are lucy to have a long season and high limits. Our limit is 12 -10 antlereless, 2 bucks (which 1 has to have 4 points to a side or better).

We have the same bag limits here in Md. 2 buck, 10 anterless for each, bow ML or shotgun. 36 deer total. Baltimore, PG county and Montgomery county, anterless is unlimited.
Scott

Back