Who carries a front pocket wallet?

I've always carried my wallet in the front pocket. I don't like things in my back pocket. Uncomfortable to sit on, too easy to steal.

I notice that sitting on a wallet all the time twists your spine. It becomes uncomfortable.

Under advice from Raekwon the Chef I keep my eyes open and my wallet in my front pocket.

At one point I just kept a traditional style money clip with the bills wrapped around my ID and credit cards. I did that for a few years before going back to a regular wallet.

If you want to try it out on the cheap, you could probably just use a small binder clip which you might have laying around.

Last edited:
I use the ainste mini Evan Wallet and love it. It's perfect. I carry about 8 cards. Has a slot on outside for one whatever you use most. Cash folds under band and held secure enough.

0E1FB909-6196-4E62-BB53-2B69467036CC.jpg

I carry an older version of Saddleback leathers business card wallet in my front left pocket. Any cash I just fold in half and tuck one end into one side slot. It's worked well and broken in beautifully after 4 years.

My Natsu minimalist wallet in Crazy Horse leather. I had the kickstarter version before it and I'm very happy with it as a front pocket carry. Notes, 7-8 cards and coins in something smaller than my palm.

natsunew.jpg

natsunew_1.jpg

Used to carry a trifold in back right pocket, which never really bothered me. Went to what you would consider a front pocket wallet, the mutbak bunker. Minimalist wallet that holds about 5 or 6 cards and has a RFID blocker in the center card holder. Magnetic money clip on back. Still carry it in back pocket, though. Really like it, and it has held up great over the past year!

I switched to a front pocket wallet years ago and will never go back. I'm currently using a Cabelas wallet but can't attest to the longevity because I am constantly switching between wallets. When I need to carry more, I use a Maxpedition wallet. The Max. does not separate each card but has room for several cards in each slot.

I down sized and got a Travelambo.. I am liking it after using a backpocket wallet for 50yrs.. Some thing new for me!!! John

I just got a knife slip for my pioneer and space pen from Hitch & Timber on Etsy, it's really nice. They have some card and cash wallets as well as some with knife/pen/flashlight pockets that are nice too, and I want one.

Heck, I just get one of the cheapo aluminum wallets and replace every few years. Keeps everything locked away and blocks RFID well.

I love a slim front pocket wallet with a spring steel money clip. Trouble is I haven't found one to last. I just ripped my third, on average they have lasted 5 years. I've had 1 Fossil and 2 Duluth Trading. Id be willing to pay $3X for 3X longevity. Must have a spring steel money clip (hate magnetic clips), and 2-3 card slots. Here is what I'm replacing.
3dd7cfa8aec1942d1d93283b695f24e4.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.
I gave up on wallets--front pocket or otherwise--because I couldn't find the right one. This thread might help me out too. :thumbsup:

This prob won't help anyone, though...
35617877082_7bdff89230_b.jpg

34947052094_a8faebf6b1.jpg

You've already done the hard part (paring your wallet contents down to the bare minimum). Now you have the freedom to pick any wallet you want, and know that it won't be a huge stuffed blob in your pocket.

I switched to a front pocket wallet almost a decade ago, and I can't imagine going back. Sitting on a wallet, especially a larger one, is a great way to get and/or exacerbate back problems, and I want to stave those off as long as possible.

I've carried an EZGO Slim 2.0 for the past two years, and apart from some scuffs (from other stuff in my pocket, notably a flashlight) it looks essentially new. One easy-access card in front, seven others (one of which, at the back, is also pretty easy to access) in the main section, and a couple of twice-folded bills tucked in front of those is all I need.

Back