Who's cooking out?

gonebad395

Ironworker!
IMG_1417.PNG IMG_1417.PNG IMG_1420.PNG IMG_1421.PNG IMG_1422.PNG Hey everyone I just figured with the beautiful weather we are having here in Chicago it was a great day for some grilling. So who else is grilling out and what's on the menu? We are having a pork loin, grilled onions and hot peppers with cupcakes for dessert.

Attachments

• IMG_1418.PNG
    IMG_1418.PNG
    589.4 KB · Views: 0
I grilled 4 ribeyes for the wife and I...two are gone and the two leftovers will be used for sandwiches...

Cheers/bg

I would, however, I can't get the meat to stick to the walls of my house. They measured at 157F. The air temp is about 110F so i won't go out til the sun goes down. It's surprising how cool 95 feels when the sun is not on you.

Did a round of BBQ drumsticks and a round of thighs last night. Enjoyed the cool weather and some quiet family time. Lit a sweet grease fire with the thighs but they still turned out great.

btw that looks like a badass dry rub.

Did a round of BBQ drumsticks and a round of thighs last night. Enjoyed the cool weather and some quiet family time. Lit a sweet grease fire with the thighs but they still turned out great.

It's a great rub will post a pic of it tonight got to try it

Looks great what's in or with the potatos in the foil?

We used Yukon gold this time with some finely diced onions, Morton's Nature's Season, and some oregano. The only way to screw it up is to burn it. I't's a lot like chili. You can experiment with different ingredients every time and it's still good. ;) I usually throw in some garlic but didn't have any.

This stuff is like Frank's hot sauce. It goes on everything. :D

We used Yukon gold this time with some finely diced onions, Morton's Nature's Season, and some oregano. The only way to screw it up is to burn it. I't's a lot like chili. You can experiment with different ingredients every time and it's still good. ;) I usually throw in some garlic but didn't have any.

This stuff is like Frank's hot sauce. It goes on everything. :D

Nice thanks man going to give that a try love trying out new stuff on the grill

IMG_1456.JPG

Here's the rub man try it out we love it

Looks really good. I just started doing drumsticks on the grill. I'd always messed them up because I was cooking with too high a heat and only cooking to 165 degrees.

By lowering the heat to medium (somewhere around 350) and cooking for about 30-35 minutes (kind of low and slow for drummies at least) I got the fat to really render down and get really tender. Kind of like cooking a briskit to a temp that would seem to be way overdone but allowed for the fat to render down.

Looks really good. I just started doing drumsticks on the grill. I'd always messed them up because I was cooking with too high a heat and only cooking to 165 degrees.

By lowering the heat to medium (somewhere around 350) and cooking for about 30-35 minutes (kind of low and slow for drummies at least) I got the fat to really render down and get really tender. Kind of like cooking a briskit to a temp that would seem to be way overdone but allowed for the fat to render down.

Yeah I like to put the coals on one side and cook on the cool side and at the end flip Drummies on the hot side to sear works good also

Back