KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

Will the KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V include the latest CQI improvements?

e.g. larger Torx heads, rounded clip, larger lanyard hole, standoffs?
If not, I would prefer to simply blade swap the standard Military Ti or go Flytanium...

Last edited:
The KW's Green 204P Millie came out almost a year ago and had/has those updates so it seems logical the Ti S90V/CF Millie will have the updates.

C36GGRP.3.jpg

From what we've seen already, yes.

Outside of a KW or Spyderco employee responding here...... your not going to get a 100% answer. Call knifeworks

KW has no idea. FYI, expected ETA as communicated from them is mid-May.
As this will be the first Ti variant since the CQI of the Military, I am hoping for the enhancements...

KW has no idea. FYI, expected ETA as communicated from them is mid-May.
As this will be the first Ti variant since the CQI of the Military, I am hoping for the enhancements...

While I have yet to see an in the wild pic of a titanium Military with the cqi updates they are shown in the 2017 catalog with the updates so they may have started the change and dealers just haven't depleted old stock yet.

I could care less. I have the 204P and S110V with the updates and neither one can seem to knock my Cruwear Military out of my pocket. The updates are nice and undoubtedly improvements but they ultimately haven't really changed the function of the knife. My Cruwear Military is smooth as glass. For me ditching the weak aluminum backspacer for standoffs is the big change and I did that to all my Militaries already anyway.

Assuming the shown price will be the actual selling price:eek:

At least its @ MAP pricing, but still WOw.

1. does Anyone have pictures of this model?
2. how's spyderco's s90v heat treat?

im really interested in this model, first I'm hearing of it (I've been under a rock for a lil).

1. does Anyone have pictures of this model?
2. how's spyderco's s90v heat treat?

im really interested in this model, first I'm hearing of it (I've been under a rock for a lil).

Spyderco's S90V heat treat is awesome IMHO. Really no issues that I have experienced and it is definitely one of my favorite steels that they offer. I do in fact prefer it to their S110V.

I do not think there are any pics out there yet. It will undoubtedly be an attractive knife for many reasons. However, at least for me, the price will likely kill any chance that I will get one. I have a BB S90V Military that was expensive, but still less so than this one will be.

I agree. The price is a bit high relative to past offerings. If you are going S90V, might as well go all the way with S110V. And I would rather have the added strength of full Ti scales. In the end, it is not as premium as I would prefer. But it is what it is...

Last edited:
I agree. The price is a bit ridiculous. If you are going S90V, might as well go all the way with S110V. And I would rather have the added strength of full Ti scales. In the end, it is not as premium as it could be.

you do realize that the reason they are going CF/ti is because it was so popular in the M4 version right? I personally(as do many), prefer this setup of a g10 presentation scale and a titanium lock side(even though they are going CF). I thought I was going to get one an decided against it..... not looking to spend that much on a knife anymore. The price is where it is because they know people will pay it...... I don't think the pre-orders on this one have sold out either.

Last edited:
cf scales are very strong and I doubt anyone will have issues. I don't like g10 at all, tho it does have good grip.

s90v is my favorite steel, s110 is not bad but I'd prefer s90

popsicle, what do you mean about this one going g10/ti? it says cf.
also 280 for ti, cf, and s90v is a freaking deal! comparable to zt's offering like the 0804cf, at least in comparing MAP pricing.

Last edited:
cf scales are very strong and I doubt anyone will have issues. I don't like g10 at all, tho it does have good grip.

will this carbon fiber be peelply (textured) like the m4 version or will it be smooth cf?

popsicle, what do you mean about this one going g10/ti? it says cf.

sorry, updated my post. I hope for everyone that it is PEEL PLY..... I don't particularly like the smooth CF over peel ply....
also something to note that this has been delayed for AWHILE now..... so I would imagine that the new CQI will undoubtedly be on this knife.

"We are now expecting these around Mid May 2017, This is the most recent update.

To be notified about this product, email updates, and release for pre order dates, please send an email to the address below. (Sending an email to the address below does not pre order the item, it is only a notification list, you will be able to pre order the knife when we release it for pre order on KW site.) Copy this text below and paste in the subject line Spyderco Ti Military, CF & S90V C36CFTIP As soon as we get production updates on our exclusives, we will update the product page and send you a updated email if you are on the notification email list. Knifework's has 3 Spyderco exclusive knives that are in production, these will be expected in 2015 into 2016. With 3 exclusives in the production works, we are not sure which ones are schedule to be first in line. We will update you with the information, as soon as we get updates. We have been working for a couple years to bring back another one of our Titanium R.I.L Military knives.. As our original M4 Military has been one of our most popular Exclusives. Our new version will have Carbon Fiber on one side, Ti on the other and CPM S90V will be its blade steel! Our Price will be $279.95
Features:
Spyderco CF & S90V Ti Military
C36CFTIP"
Peel Ply Carbon Fiber handle (one side)
Titanium / CF frame lock with R.I.L. and steel insert.
Silver Clip and Silver hardware.
CPM S90V Full Flat Ground Plain Edge Blade.
1200 Piece Run

<

Last edited:
it is peel ply cf as it says it in the features list. ty

Features:
Spyderco CF & S90V Ti Military
C36CFTIP
Peel Ply Carbon Fiber handle (one side)
Titanium / CF frame lock with R.I.L. and steel insert.
Silver Clip and Silver hardware.
CPM S90V Full Flat Ground Plain Edge Blade.
1200 Piece Run

Dang!!! Maybe I will skip the jade m4 and save up for this one. It's going to be epic.

The price is where it is because they know people will pay it...... I don't think the pre-orders on this one have sold out either.

Don't know about that..Maybe? They thought the same thing about the Green 204P Millie and nearly a year later they still have according to what KW's told me a few months ago, "a lot" in stock.

The M4 version was only 500 pieces with a steel never used on the Millie before and this one is S90V, with S110V Millies available for over a $100 less..and 1200 pieces..that makes a difference.

Will be sticking with the barely used S110V version I picked up for $150 shipped.

I doubt that either this one or the BHQ M4 version will sell out all that fast. KW had the 204P model on sale around the holidays for a great deal and even with that they are still sitting on inventory. The Military is not the Para2 and doesn't sell out the same way. The 52100 Militaries did not move all that fast either. I want the M4 and cf/Ti s90v but at their price points I am not gonna buy right away but rather wait and hope for a sale or a price drop. I think it is a good possibility.

Its pricey, but im in for one for sure. Maybe 2. I havent bought a new knife in a while, specifically saving for this one. Millie is my all time favorite folder and this one will be epic.

does anyone have any review/comparison between the carbon fiber only and the Carbon fiber TI version (leaving out steel). just want to know about feeling, weight, ergo, grip, balance etc.

undecided if i want CF or CF/TI

This would be my first Military.

Back