• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wood Carver's Hatchets (2)

All Blades in my shop are hand made by me. To see some of my past work and feedback from other happy customers go to and LIKE my Facebook Page at:
https://www.facebook.com/uglydogblades/ or visit my web page at www.uglydogblades.com

Thank you for looking! Up for you consideration are the last 2 of a batch of 4 hand forged wood carving hatchets. These tools have been forged from an L6 High Carbon Steel ball peen hammer head. The razor sharp cutting edge will handle chopping, slicing, shaving and cutting wood for your smaller tasks. It has been designed to be a carving hatchet with an ergonomic handle engineered for chopping as well as chocking up on the bit for fine carving work. Behind the cutting edge is a fully hardened "scoop" or adze bit for hogging out material and many other uses including bowl and cup making.

The handles are custom for these hatchets and have been hand made from reclaimed old growth hickory and has been finished to a warm tobacco color and sealed with oil. I chose the most advantageous grain orientation for strength and durability and the hang of the bit is close to dead center down the length of these tools. These hatchets come with hand made leather protective masks for both ends of the tool.

Here are the specifications:

Steel - L6 High Carbon Steel, normalized and heat treated and tempered in a computer controlled oven for ~59 Rockwll Hardness. The tool will arrive shaving sharp.

Overall Length - 9.5"
Bit Length - 4.5"
Cutting Blade Width - 1.75"
Weight - 9.8 Oz. without masks

Overall Length - 9.5"
Bit Length - 4.25"
Cutting Blade Width - 1.75"
Weight - 8.4 Oz. without masks

Asking 199 US DOLLARS SHIPPED CONUS

#1 SOLD Photos

https://flic.kr/p/Q9VcCq

#3 Photos

First come, first serve. Paypal accepted, and I will be listing these at my Etsy page which allows for other forms of payment but shipping will be an additonal 12.50 CONUS.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I missed the first one Dan posted but he gave me another chance and #2 in this series is on it's way to me. Dan has been a pleasure to do business with.

Back