Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Recycling this one, but it's a nice shot of the African Blackwood. I like the character of AB a bit more than most of the ebony woods I've seen on covers. This one is freshly buffed to a semi-gloss sheen. *melt*

58Gy1pH.jpg

yUw3PY7.jpg

I know you all get tired of seeing this ole 73 Scout and its ugly Osage Orange, but I just naturally dropped it in my pocket this morning. But the truth is I actually forgot today was Wednesday! ;) After all I was off from work two days and I was so excited to get back it really didn't occur to me what day it was! :eek::D
35358405380_a56c8bf61c_b_d.jpg

The highlight of my vacation in Sarasota area this week, Evan invited me to the Esnyx workshop. Im honored to be the new owner and carry his #44 cocobolo teardrop.
BXxynbVl.jpg

HBmJQ70l.jpg

lSVYrOFl.jpg

RBAdv74l.jpg

z0wuw01l.jpg
Wowzer! VERY nice!! Love the rat-tail and the wood is beautiful!:thumbsup:
3 5/8" ??

What knife is this? I'm really into the Böker wood handled stuff now.

It's proper name would be a "single blade serpentine jack".
But Boker calls it a "stockman" because it has the frame and clip blade from their standard 4" stockman. The blade steel is 440C at a 58-59 hardness. The covers are bog oak. Very good fit and finish. The pull is 4-5. It's marked "Solingen", so it's entirely German in origin. KnifeCenter is a BF dealer member who carries it.

Recycling this one, but it's a nice shot of the African Blackwood. I like the character of AB a bit more than most of the ebony woods I've seen on covers. This one is freshly buffed to a semi-gloss sheen. *melt*

Great looking African Blackwood, but it's from the Genus Dalbergia which makes it a Rosewood (like Cocobolo), not an Ebony.

GE Jr GE Jr Beautiful Boker!!! :thumbsup: That Grenadill Wood looks a lot like Mpingo, Mufunjo, or Mugembe Wood. ;) Very nice, whatever it's called!! :D

Grenadill Wood :)

5XPs54p.jpg
More details on this knife please! :)

*Edit* found it! Boker Tree Brand Barlow. Available in Grenadil or Bog Oak (oh the agony of choice!). 440C. Heck but Boker have been hitting it out of the park recently! I can't decide between their stockman or barlow now and have a sneaking suspicion that it will be both if I can sell a Queen to a mate. :D

Last edited:
GE Jr GE Jr Beautiful Boker!!! :thumbsup: That Grenadill Wood looks a lot like Mpingo, Mufunjo, or Mugembe Wood. ;) Very nice, whatever it's called!! :D
Thanks, redsparrow! Yeah, internet searches make me think this is another name for African Blackwood...or, Mpingo. :D

Last edited:
More details on this knife please! :)

*Edit* found it! Boker Tree Brand Barlow. Available in Grenadil or Bog Oak (oh the agony of choice!). 440C. Heck but Boker have been hitting it out of the park recently! I can't decide between their stockman or barlow now and have a sneaking suspicion that it will be both if I can sell a Queen to a mate. :D

I think it's a well-made knife with good materials. 440C stainless. It is smallish - at about 3-3/8" closed...and thin. It's a little bigger than a GEC 14. Bolster seems a bit long, but I'm getting used to it. :cool:
Mh9NtwX.jpg

Back