Working on new stuff

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
OK... for size reference the knife on the top left is as big as anything I have finished yet! (looks like a chopped up block of metal right now but it is the next DFK BFK) So some of these are HUGE! :eek::cool:

These are all for orders, I'm going to be working in some titanium very soon also.

003lekv.jpg

007yf.jpg

Lord have mercy!

that one in your hand looks sick! I still want the mother of all wharncliffs :)

that one in your hand looks sick! I still want the mother of all wharncliffs :)

Thanks! I have 2 profiles based on the ideas you had and that is one of them. 5.5" handle, 8.5" blade for a 14" .250 wharnie!

Massive....and downright sick!

Carry on,brotherMan.
Thanks! A couple of those Ti rectangles on the bottom right will be yours!

No hurry,Daniel.

I'll need rehydration,by the time I finish slobbering.

Just sent you a long rambling email.....mostly gibberish,I'm thinking.

When a non-craftsman non-artist tries to describe something to an artist/craftsman,it's like a monkey trying to fornicate a football.....

No hurry,Daniel.

I'll need rehydration,by the time I finish slobbering.

Just sent you a long rambling email.....mostly gibberish,I'm thinking.

When a non-craftsman non-artist tries to describe something to an artist/craftsman,it's like a monkey trying to fornicate a football.....

LMAO! No I got it! :D or at least I think I did!

Yep.....your reply NAILED it,in 15 words or less,what took me 3.25 pages & 11 paragraphs,and earned me a charlie horse in my typing SpeedFinger.....

I hope to get back to the shop tomorrow! :D I have had to take the last few days off from making knives and am excited to get back in there. Doing "real" work is no fun...

Tonight: Leinenkugel's 'Summer Shandy.'

Is that a sorrel fruit shandy? Sounds cool! I just finished that huge corona! Time for a Becks. I usually drink local beer but I was excited to buy beer at the gas station, New Mexico rules!

Dunno...label doesn't say what's in it.

So cold,it's almost slushy!

You know how some beers are s'posed to be served @ room temperature?

Now tell me: what kinda inbred narrow-eyed no-neck cretin decided that was the best way?

Dunno...label doesn't say what's in it.

So cold,it's almost slushy!

You know how some beers are s'posed to be served @ room temperature?

Now tell me: what kinda inbred narrow-eyed no-neck cretin decided that was the best way?

Cold beer is where it is at! The dudes on the beer forum tell me that room temp thing came from people that lived in really cold houses, lol.

Interesting beer fact #31. Dark beers are historically from areas where they have very hard water. The darker grains have a lower pH and react with the high ph water to brew at the correct acidity. All the areas with purer water have lighter beers because the darker grains would lower the pH too much. So Guiness is just a beer that works good with Dublin water. :D

Back