Working on new stuff

I'm hoping to have some Ti gear done tonight, lol I have probably tossed 20 older belts I have used up on Titanium in the last 2 days, it is the belt killer metal, lol!

Imagine if the one I commissioned you to make was to be done in Ti? :eek:

but it would be worth it! how would Ti perform in something that size? Now you've got ME thinking...

EDIT: just read up on the feasibility of titanium as a working blade. The concensus was no bueno, at this day and age.

Last edited:
but it would be worth it! how would Ti perform in something that size? Now you've got ME thinking...

EDIT: just read up on the feasibility of titanium as a working blade. The concensus was no bueno, at this day and age.

It would be excellent for self defense or if light weight and high strength was an issue. You could have a big strong knife that weighed next to nothing!

Lightweight and strength definitely. Keeping it sharp will necessitate some carbide or nitride coating on the edge. Ban Tang has a few pieces done that way, looks kinda cool.

Titanium San Mai...oh yea.

Lightweight and strength definitely. Keeping it sharp will necessitate some carbide or nitride coating on the edge. Ban Tang has a few pieces done that way, looks kinda cool.

Titanium San Mai...oh yea.

A carbidizer is high on my list. Any chisel ground blade can be treated that way, it is a cool process!

Back