Working on some Titanium...

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
More Ti Backpackers!

In progress pics... these all need lots more finishing but are looking like knives!

Rounded spines and handle... lots of hand filing was done on the interior for comfort.

Little Tanto!

These two photos don't capture the bright colors... this one is going to be cool when it is done! swedge grind...

I took this pic without any light and they still look pretty good... but much better in person!

Looks great Dan. I was actually going to ask if you'd ano a few fairly tools in the last batch. Sweet.

Looking good!

What's the stock thickness and when do you think they'll be up for sale?

And, if you don't mind sharing your process, what kind of heat treating/tempering/etc. do you do on your Ti blades?

Wow..the colors are so rich:eek: Good stuff, Daniel!
Thanks! I'm really happy with the results.

Awesome stuff ! Thanks for the pics ! ;)
Much appreciated!

Thanks Daniel!
Will you offer a 3" blade model?
Probably not soon, I am planning on a drop point version in steel next... the Legal EDC. (generation 2)

Cool colors!
Any openers in full bronze?
I can make you a bronze one. :)

Looks great Dan. I was actually going to ask if you'd ano a few fairly tools in the last batch. Sweet.

Thanks! My anodizer setup was down/working oddly for a while there but I have it back to dialed in thanks to Bako. Anodizing is back on! Just let me know what you are interested in and it can happen.

They look great Daniel! I really like this one...

Thanks! The minty purple and green make me want to take a bite... :D

I love the one that's sharp.
:D Sharp knives are my favorite!

Looking good!

What's the stock thickness and when do you think they'll be up for sale?

And, if you don't mind sharing your process, what kind of heat treating/tempering/etc. do you do on your Ti blades?

Thanks!

These are roughly .090" (3/32") thick. I'm using 6al4v Titanium so no heat treat is needed.

Up for sale - the two anodized one-off's are for sale as well as the keychain tools. ($130 swedged/$110 tanto for the anodized Backpackers and $47 for the anodized KCT's)

The other 10 backpackers are already sold but I'm doing another run soon. I'll do a sign up list, just let me know if you are interested and I'll make sure you get one.

Thanks everyone!

Back