Works in Progress /Available stuff

timos-

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings all,

Update 9/2017 -- Please send me an email if you are interested in a custom knife designed and built just for you. I also have blades only available for those that like to handle their own knives...especially you pro chefs! Let me know if any of the following knives interest you.

Last edited:
Nitro-V kitchen petty 6.5" blade - available with either western or wa handles
PWLxVQ7.jpg
G71K5Gr.jpg

Nitro-V Camp Kitchen model
yj0Vf2Y.jpg

AEBL "adventure" model
IrtksaI.jpg
kDEulrh.jpg

Ultralight backpacker model - this is a custom, I wouldnt mind making more if there is an interest (7" OAL)
Bd6sMy6.jpg
1J8HKUA.jpg
CIXJwemm.jpg

Last edited:
1084 steel and C-tek with CF pins/lanyard amd forest green G10 Liners
Forced Patina on blade. Handle has a lightly sculpted palm swell and flare.
Hardened and Annealed by Peters Heat Treating. I have two more of these that will are available, just waiting for handle materials to be picked out. If you are interested please let me know!

AAo1h52.jpg
MDr6qIJ.jpg
HoCoxe6.jpg
kbDYJfI.jpg

Last edited:
If you enjoy making handles and would like to purchase a blade please let me know.
s6sWMRj.jpg

Last edited:
CPM20CV with a belt finish in a 52mm by 255mm format. Full distal taper, 48" radius bevels with an edge convexed to zero.
BmSIGjc.jpg
iOuuSex.jpg

Last edited:
place holder

Last edited:
place holder

Last edited:
Still a few of these knives unclaimed! Lead times on these almost finished is about 2-3 months

Another Petty/ Parer
Blade Steel: 1095 high carbon steel
Hardness: RC 62
Blade Finish: Forced Patina, low angle secondary bevel finished to 10K
Handle Materials: Cast C-Tek from 8th Dimension Concepts w/ G10 pins
Blade Thickness: 2.5mm
Blade Length: 108mm
Overall Length: 224mm
Price is $160.00 shipped CONUS

u9gJ1Au.jpg

1WecZjB.jpg

mp8S12Q.jpg

8qQTvAW.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a new design...boy this one feels good!
egUnafQ.jpg

This blade is extreme thin, FFG to .005 and then hand sanded to a zero edge...so a very light convexing. Ghost tip all the way ..
This blade and finish I will call ghost cloud.
[YouTube]NsBVBlewA7g[/YouTube]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4sAaNlF.jpg
hPunCcX.jpg
6V0wDox.jpg
xhQbZ0x.jpg
UWG34po.jpg

W2 steel, Honduran Rosewood scales and Blackwood Frame ...sayas by Cody Paul

o2cTMlx.jpg

Have a few of these in s5VN available to build, pick your own handle. This one is stabilized crotch walnut. Full distal taper, .08 thick spine. Ground to zero and lightly convexed. stropped on a 10K stone. Love the bite of that S35VN edge.

Customer sent me this pic the other day:
4xj6WfO.jpg

This knife has been on quite the journey this year, visiting chefs and home cooks across the country. Contact me if you would like to read some detailed reports.
Bensbites made the handle for this one.

About the blade: It is alot of edge in a compact size. Good amount of belly, decent flat spot, ghost thin tip. The knife has distal taper but also has distal taper behind the edge. The edge closer to the heel can handle more strenuous tasks for sure.
I was thinking fast paced "in the weeds" line knife type duty here. The mystery steel is a mystery no more! It is 8670 carbon steel used extensively as saw blades in the lumber industry. At RC 62 it is extremely tough and supports a thin edge very, very well. What it lacks in edge retention it makes up for in toughness and ease of sharpening. You can bring back the edge with a couple strops. The mustard patina has been really stable.

Special thanks to the pass around participants for giving great feedback as well as taking some awesome pics. Here is one by J David I think is particularly nice. Asking $250 plus shipping for this knife. I can make a saya for $40 more. You can pay with paypal or send a check/ money order.
W57eQYJ.jpg

Last edited:
This knife is perfect for someone who prefers smaller compact blades in the kitchen. It is the right size for medium and smaller ingredients, especially small fruits, herbs, in hand work, and of course slicing garnishes for drinks :) This is a collaborative piece I made along with my friend Carter Hopkins. I designed the profile, executed the grind geometry and blade finish as well as developed the pattern in the blade. Carter provided his excellent heat treatment (est. RC62) on the steel and made and installed the handle.
This is my first piece showing my blade finish I am calling "Ghost Cloud" :)

Blade: 52100 steel with stainless cladding (from NJSB) 2.5mm thick at spine, distal taper, about 130mm blade length.
Handle: Kingwood and blonde buffalo horn.

Asking 250$ shipped CONUS. Price is firm. Maple Saya is $40 extra.
0RnrnVJ.jpg

Rain Drop 1095/Ni steel from Devin Thomas. Stabilized Spalted Jatoba Octagon handle with marbled carbon fiber ferrule and G10 spacers.

The blade itself has 7" of cutting edge and 1/16" inch stock thickness. The distal taper starts about midway along the blade length. Both spine and choil are duburred and comfortable.

I have finished the blade with dozens of etches and sand cycles. The finish is durable and not very reactive for 1095 steel. Price is $650 or $720 if you would like a curly maple saya. Please allow a week for me to make the saya. You can pay through paypal or mail a check. Shipping is included inside the United States. Let me know if you have any questions. If I still have this come November you can see it in person at the NCCA show.

I am not very good with photos but this one has been especially difficult. The blade finish is uniform but the slightest bit of shadows gives it a weird look.

FnekvNH.jpg
l2fJvfY.jpg
H4abfqj.jpg
Y1PAU8i.jpg
Ab8ZFt2.jpg
bvQpU63.jpg

I call this one my "Smashmouth" model.
The blade is 1/8" thick W2 steel at RC 63 heat treated by Peters.
8" of edge and 2.5" high at the heel. The edge geometry is a gentle convex from spine to edge. about .007 thick behind the edge itself. There is also a full distal taper allowing for a very fine tip. Both spine and choil are rounded. Horizontal cuts in onions will be a revelation.
I forced a patina with mustard to get the process going.

The handle is my dove tailed frame handle. It features maple burl scales and a king wood frame. Accents are musk ox and mosaic pin.
I was originally asking $850 for this in Chicago but considering the finish got some weird marring and I ended up using the piece I have lowered price to $650 or $750 with a curly maple saya. Please allow a week or two for me to finish saya. Payment can be made through paypal or check by mail.
cJazVy1.jpg

F5wtzRA.jpg

Back