wrench bowie. (also pretty rough)

i cut out this bowie with my angle grinder and then tried to sharpen it and put finger grooves on it with the angle ginder (bad idea) and tried to fix it all with a file. result: it will baton/split alright but will not bite into wood. i am going to see if my local sharpener can fix it. as of now its about 8mm thick and 14 inches long.
P8060831.JPG P8060832.JPG P8060833.JPG P8060834.JPG

Take a file, file away some 6mm metal from the spine to the edge in a nice flat facet and you would have a better cutting bar of steel...

Wouldn't that take weeks to accomplish? I'd recommend a little more heat and beat, but better ask one of the pros on the knifemakers'

i think it was made in the usa, it was a crescent jumbo wrench about 30 inches long i got at menards a couple years ago, i just didn't have any bolts that big so i turned it into a knife.
CST_JumboComboWrench2_FRNT_MAIN.jpg

Wouldn't that take weeks to accomplish? I'd recommend a little more heat and beat, but better ask one of the pros on the knifemakers'
Of course it would! But than he knows how to use a file. A belt grinder would be a lot faster but he doesn't have one.

I see an artist in the making - on your way up the ladder of success, I recommend you keep your day job (which is what I did) :D

I dig it man! That'd look at home on my belt once the Mad Max esq apocalypse happens. Zombies be damned, I wanna race around the Pennsylvanian desert with my dog.

i am getting it professionally sharpened on Monday so i will let you know how it does after that. its gonna cost $25, anybody else thought it would cost more than that?

i am getting it professionally sharpened on Monday so i will let you know how it does after that. its gonna cost $25, anybody else thought it would cost more than that?
For a full flat grind?
If so, it's a good deal!

Last edited:
Hideous.

Really curious to see what this looks like after sharpening...and if its possible.

Keep at it.

Back