wrench bowie. (also pretty rough)

Willie, Got a wood stove for your heat treating and tempering? Amazing the results my grandpa and great grandpa had using s wood stove. Oh yeah, annealing the files they used for blade steel too.

i had my friend over today and we "upgraded" the knife to include a d guard and he wrapped the handle in paracord to go over the shitty finger grooves, oh and i spray painted it.
the d guard is a modified c clamp we attached with gorilla epoxy (its still in the vise because the epoxy is drying).
View attachment 750446
Now it's really starting to look like one of my projects, but I definitely can't post pics, not with pros like the next guy showing what they can do with steel in a few hours! You're still more of a found artist than a knifemaker, and that is in no way an insult! I love that vice d guard, how's the balance now?

the balance is pretty even now (although it weighs 3 pounds), my next project might be to get an old double bit axe head off ebay and see what i can do with that

Willie, Got a wood stove for your heat treating and tempering? Amazing the results my grandpa and great grandpa had using s wood stove. Oh yeah, annealing the files they used for blade steel too.

Wood stove, pot belly stove, fire pit, and even a makeshift coal forge are available. :cool:

I'll be able to start on mine sometime next week. I'll use an old farriers rasp for mine.

I'm actually really excited about this.

Progress. Heat treat and etch tomorrow. Is doing it in a forge OK or do I need to cobble something together to make it more half ass? I could try a weed burner and some fire bricks but I'm not sure that will get hot enough. I hope one of you wants this when I'm done :D

hY23ZWc.jpg

taDQmg5.jpg

yLyZtn4.jpg
Sorryfor the delay, a forget is fine.
Fantastic work!

I really admire the balls it took to just turn a hunk of metal into a hunk of sharp metal and get it up on the forums. That's not sarcasm, that's serious admiration. As an aspiring knife maker, I haven't posted $hit.. You've got me beat.

Bravo.

Back