• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wright Knife store - San Diego, CA

So a fellow forum member told me of this store, and I saw a thread with mention of it as well. Took the 20min drive east.

No longer there.

I asked one of the stores next door how long they've been gone, apparently 1year.

I was told there was another store south of chula Vista and one in Orange county, so that about does it for the san diegans.

sucks

I haven't heard of anything in Chula Vista but there is a gun shop in El Cajon that has a dealer case or two of knives. Not the best prices and I don't know how much they know about knives but, hey, at least it is brick and mortar. Project 2000 is the name. Personally don't like the ownership but desperate times call for desperate measures!

the ones in orange county are plaza cutlery and knife gallery. Plaza appears to be closest to your location. But while you are there you mind as well check out knife gallery about a 15 min drive north.

Wright's gone? Shocking. Let me do some asking among my friends. '

I stay in San Diego on my of time, there are no good places as far as knives in SD. I go to Plaza Cutlery for all my needs. Grate selection and very knowledgeable people.

I looked for Wright knives months ago :(, however, Semper Fi Depot on Miramar Road has a decent inventory.

Actually, mostly commercial tac gear. I haven't seen any second-hand stuff in there. I picked up some Maxpedition stuff there also.

was semper fi next to the tattoo shop? if it's the same, then i think it closed down for a smoke shop, unless i didn't drive far enough >.< i'll try again tomorrow. i went there once awhile ago, but the guy there was having the longest conversation with some other guy, so there was no one to ask questions, and prices seemed fairly high for the knives they had.

i'm hoping they have some tuf glide, and any interesting new knives. granted i'm sure i'll always being doing online purchases for knives, but i would like to hold them to get a feel first. it'd be great if they had a sebenza on hand, but i know the likelihood of that is fairly low. i think i have a sebenza bug, wonder if i could con my gf into getting it for me for an anni gift :p

I was there a couple months ago just to get a feel for the sizes of some of their BM inventory. Pretty sure it's still there - i'll check the next time i go for BBQ. Yes their prices are high, but i go there for hands-on. No custom makers represented either.

isnt "the edge" knives still there in san diego???? at one of the malls in downtown i thought.....and i used to live in escondido and when i wanted a knife i drove to the knife gallery in orange county they are a good group of guys there...it is a long drive but worth it with there service.

when i first moved to san diego i saw the edge in horton plaza. but i heard it was closed a little bit after. i looked at the store listings for horton plaza, and it's not there as well. we should open up a store in san diego :p

Sorry to hear!
I know of 2 in southern California.

Plaza Cutlery at South Cost Plaza in Costa Mesa.
Knife Gallery at The Village of Orange.

zippothisknifethat- funny seeing you here and from CA, when i was looking up info and reviews on sebenzas, i watched a few of your vids, small world, nice reviews you got

I will never understand why folks insist on posting threads about knife dealers in the the General discussion forums when our simple rules for that forum are quite clear on where to post those types of threads.

Do people not understand if we allow these types of threads in the knife discussion forums that the result would be too much emphasis on where to buy what and other related subjects rather than the knives themselves? Please take the time to understand this place and post accordingly.

hey bastid, my only intention of this thread was to inform that wright knife is no longer in business. not trying to step on any toes or get people to tell me where to buy stuff. as i said in my original post, a fellow forum member already told me of some places. and my other post in this thread was confirming of another store that was closed down. i looked at all the forums, and subforums, and quite frankly general discussion is where i thought it best fit.

sorry if this was the wrong forum, i just wanted to give the heads up that wrights was no longer here, and it seems that there are 0 stores in san diego in genereal. it'd be great if you could point me in the right direction at least, so i know not to post in here.

dennis@wrightknife.com i emailed him after i also found out about store and went to see once i saw he was closed. he does gun shows and knife show last i heard. but he did say he would sell me a knife if i wanted one. where in san diego are you i have a large sebenza, strider smf and sng if you would like to play with one. to see i was the same way its hard to spend money with out playing with them

hmm, i thought i replied, but seems maybe it didn't send, i live in the UTC area of la jolla, but commute to coronado for work. I think it'd be fun to get all the san diego forum members together, could even do a BBQ type deal with summer rollin out.

but i'm definitely down on your offer, would love to get a handle on those knives, and see how they feel. out of the 3, how would you personally rate them?

SO, it seems Semper Fi did close down shop, but then relocated. I think it's under new ownership. It's tucked away too, i passed it twice. >.> Really nice guy. Said if there were people interested in buying sebenzas, he would make an order. He also said the knives he sells are never MSRP. While they weren't MSRP, some were still fairly higher than what you could get online, but that'll always be the case. Asked Tony if i could take a pic

IMAG2021.jpg

Apparently someone else had come around asking about some sebenzas as well. Wonder if it was one of you guys

Back